PREPARE FOR BOARDING ME HEARTIES!
It's a happy day for us at Exit Strategy and we hope that you'll get similarly excited as you're reading this: we have just launched the new Pirates of New Horizons website, where you can play two levels of the game for free (in your browser) and pre-order the game!
This is the first public release since the release of the prototype and by the powers - it includes so many new features and fixes. For instance:
- Prof. Henceworth: Annha's feline sidekick
- New Moves: Ground-stomping, Kicking, Spline Surfing, Swimming (in all directions)
- Over-The-Shoulder Camera Mode (to aim gadgets)
- Save/Load System
- Level Streaming (Background-Loading/No Loading Screens)
- Advanced Shaders
- Dynamic Shadows
- Post-Processing Effects (Bloom, Lightshafts, SSAO)
- New Music Score
- Character Speech During Dialogues
- Hotswapping between gamepad and keyboard
- and much more...
If you decide to pre-order the game, you will not only save money and support the development, but also gain instant access to a third level (Volcano Island), more gadgets, a downloadable version of the build and many other pre-order perks (for example we can't wait to put your pictures up on the wall of our hallway :D)!
There are two different editions:
- The full game upon release
Instant access to 'Volcano Island'
- Play around with three more gadgets right away: The Grappling Hook, Ninja Shoe Soles and the Jetpack
- Early access to future game content
- A downloadable copy of the Preview Version
- The heartfelt gratitude of the developers
'Hall of Captains'! You don't believe us? Find out more!
Head over to www.piratesofnewhorizons.com to try the game and help us to make the world a little more colourful!
- Michael, Skjalg, Soenke and Friedrich