Penumbra is a first person horror adventure focusing on story, immersion and puzzle solving. Violence and combat is hardly an option - the player has to use wits to guide Philip through his final test, and this makes the series unique in offering a truly dangerous and terrifying experience.
This corrects errors involving missing windows when using computer terminals, missing walls/objects and flickering textures. This is not needed if you are not experiencing any of these errors.
This hotfix will correct errors with ATI cards in all three Penumbra games, including the Penumbra Collection. Typical errors are missing windows when using computer terminals, missing walls/objects and flickering textures.
IMPORTANT: Only use this hotfix if you are experiencing the above described problem, it will not fix anything else!
BEFORE YOU INSTALL
Some errors with ATI cards will not be fixed with the hotfix alone, you will also have to change the ATI settings accordingly.
- Uninstall _all_ display drivers and then download and install the latest.
ATI control panel:
- Disable Catalyst AI (meaning the box shall be checked).
- Disable Triple buffer (box is unchecked).
- Wait for vertical refresh: "Off, unless applications specifies".
- Adaptive AA off (box is unchecked).
- Smooth vision HD (both). Box "Use application settings" is checked.
- Disable Aero or any other composite/extra graphical touches technology that might be active.
HOW TO INSTALL
* Unzip penumbraDebugExe.zip
* Locate the installation directories of the current Penumbra install. Use search on your computer to locate Penumbra.exe & Requiem.exe.
* Move debugPenumbraOverture.exe into Overture/redist, debugPenumbraBP.exe & debugRequiem.exe into Black Plague/redist.
* Rename the old Penumbra.exe / Requiem.exe to oldPenumbra.exe/oldRequiem.exe.
* Rename the debug files to Penumbra.exe / Requiem.exe.