Haarlem, The Netherlands – After “Oriental Empires: Genghis”, publisher Iceberg Interactive and Shining Pixel Studios add a new expansion to the Oriental Empires series with “Oriental Empires: Three Kingdoms”, available on Steam and GOG store today, 29th August. The SRP is $9,99.
You can check out the brand-new trailer to get a first sight of the expansion:
The Three Kingdoms period was one of the most turbulent periods of Chinese history, and the most beloved thanks to its vivid depiction in the novel “Romance of the Three Kingdoms”. The ancient Han Dynasty was coming to an end, and the empire was in chaos. Bandits and rebels were overrunning the countryside, the Emperor was just a child, and control of the court had been seized by a vicious tyrant.
Yet the time of chaos was also a time of opportunity, when men of courage and ambition could rise to power from outside the traditional aristocracy. A common soldier could become a warlord, a sandal maker could become an emperor, and a fugitive would come to be revered as a god.
In this expansion you take the role of a warlord attempting to re-unite the land, and create a new dynasty.
Three Kingdoms Features
- Choose from any of 26 factions on a new campaign map that stretches from Vietnam to the northern borders of China.
- Play as one of the founders of the Three Kingdoms; the tyrant Dong Zhuo; one of many major or minor warlords, or exploit the chaos as a barbarian or bandit.
- Unique portraits and in-game models of more than a dozen major figures.
- More than 300 named historical characters.
- Scripted events introduce new characters and depict important events from history and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel.
- New unit models depict the soldiers of the Three Kingdoms era, as well as the Nanman and Qiang barbarians.
All game assets, including the new trailer and screenshots, can be found in the press kit.
For all media requests, including review keys, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Located in Haarlem, The Netherlands and staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an assembly of game developers around the world, both midsize and indie.
Known for many hit franchises including Starpoint Gemini, Killing Floor and Stardrive; the company has enjoyed recent success with PC titles such as Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Oriental Empires, Shortest Trip to Earth and Circle Empires. Iceberg Interactive has many exciting multi-format games coming up, including Antigraviator (PS4/XBO), The Sojourn (PC/PS4/XBO), Headsnatchers (PC/PS4) and Gas Guzzlers Extreme (PS4). Several promising PC games are also coming together nicely in Steam’s Early Access program: Pax Nova and Railroad Corporation.
To learn more, please visit www.iceberg-games.com.
Iceberg Interactive email@example.com +31 (0)23 54 30 960 Belgiëlaan 63G, 2034 AW, Haarlem, The Netherlands