Operation Starcrusher is an arcade-style 2D space shooter. Pilot the BlackStar and blast your way through 45 missions to shatter the enemy's home planet using the Starcrusher weapon. Along the way you must face and defeat bosses and a fleet of enemy ships that stand in your way. After you get your revenge there will be 24 challenges waiting for you to complete as well as 78 awards to collect, an encyclopedia to fill, and, for the bravest pilots, a gauntlet of bosses in the Boss Battle mode.
The Operation Starcrusher DEMO is now available! Full release is scheduled for a 2014 March 22nd release. All feedback is very much appreciated! Thank you!
The Full version has none of the glitches I fixed for the DEMO. The DEMO was ripped from the full game and A LOT of code and resources got messed up in the process. Just wanted to point that out.
UPDATED to version 1.00.4:
- Added an information system that shows basic enemy information when you first encounter a new enemy.
- Added gamepad button prompts where they where missing.
- Added gamepad vibration on some events I missed previously.
- Added the ability to skip the Tutorial level with the gamepad button "Select" (no need to reach for the keyboard anymore).
- Added the option to turn the basic enemy information system on/off in the Options menu, removing the local time option completely (since it was useless).
- Changed the Mine's projectiles are no longer transparent.
- Changed the frequency at which some particles calculate their trail, optimizing it by 100%.
- Fixed the Mine projectiles missing sub-sprite.
UPDATED to version 1.00.3:
- small glitch fixed where the player got stuck for half a second if hitting a red Ripper mine.
- added new graphics for the Pause Menu and Options Menu buttons.
UPDATED to version 1.00.2:
- fixed the DEMO crashing if selecting New Game twice
- player now starts with weapons at level 2 instead of level 1
- DEMO splash screen added
UPDATED to version 1.00.1:
- minor bug patches.