Take to the stars as a Private in command of your first vessel in the EAOSM (Earth Alliance Outer Space Military) in a quest to avenge your fallen empire.
Hello everyone, we have finally released build 4 of 0.5A. See the details for all of the detailed information about what was added, fixed, and some things you will need to watch out for while playing this version of the game.
Many problems were discovered and fixed for this build, 54 bugs were fixed and other additions were made.
Saving the game
Loading the game
Locating and interacting with stations (most existing options, see below for exceptions)
Weapon Spread System (accessible from the dock)
Anything else not mentioned above
Specifically for stations the storage or recovery of ships. Retrieving items from stations may also not be working 100% as I was not able to do more than initial testing.
Originally this version was about getting all of the current features working 100%. That changed after I decided to add in asteroid belt/asteroid generation and the mining system. These three changes caused me to have to write an additional 9347 lines of code to add in stuff from ship storage to being able to sell stuff on stations. Lots of things were added that have not yet been 100% tested.
Some things to keep in mind about this are that if you visit a station and then save your game, check your ship inventory table (PShip_Inv) for a junk record that has invalid data; this MUST be deleted before you load your game again else the game will crash.
Due to the changes in this update, save files from previous versions of the game are not compatible with this version of the game.
Please uninstall any of the older versions of the game before installing this one. This installer will save the game into a non-protected directory so that the UAC, if it is enabled, does not lock file changes.
· Fixed several problems while going to or view stations
· Fixed kill confirms being subtracted instead of added
· Fixed several instances where a battle would end without all enemies being destroyed or disabled
· Fixed an annoying issue with the enemy targeting menu
· Fixed several crashes within the station menus
· Fixed a math problem that was caused items to cost nothing
· Fixed another issue with the target menu in ship battles where it would break if multiple enemies were destroyed
· Fixed some hard to reproduce crashes during ship battle
· Some enemy data was not being displayed properly due to issues with the way entities were being added to the battle.
· Some reward values were negative in certain circumstances
· Fixed a hang after purchasing an item
· Fixed many bugs and other problems revolving around the datasystem and database classes that were causing everything from crashes to incorrect values being loaded
· Fixed several issues with the mining system including asteroid belts and asteroids not properly being loaded due to loading code issues
· Fixed several instances of data that was being loaded incorrectly due to logic issues in the way the data was being saved and then loaded for asteroid belts and asteroids
· Fixed several problems caused by typos or misplaced code throughout the game; these mistakes were probably made during an all-nighter, at least half of them were from last Friday/Saturday.
· Asteroid mining has been added along with some mining barges and mining lasers. Note that to actually use the mining lasers you will have to edit the save file at this point and time. The mining laser in ID 901 can be used on any ship (well technically any of them can since the game does not check for weapon/ship congruency on load). The ID can be changed in PShip_WHPVect. Be sure to set the Weap_Type to mining laser. You can also change your ship into a mining barge in PShip_Data and use 902 or 903. You will need to have a mining laser installed to mine at all.
· Being able to sell items or stored ships to a station. Items have only been tested at this time
· Being able to store items on your ship or on a station. Note that station storage has not actually been fully tested and may either not work or may cause bugs. Ship storage, through mining and purchases, works however.
· Several menu changes for new options
· Three new weapons, mining lasers, and three new ships, mining barges
· Manu menu clean ups from recent additions; more work is needed in this area though
There can be several issues that cause the game to not start properly.
Error: Cannot find MVC2012.dll or similar
Fix: This means that you do not have the MSVC 2012 Redistribute package installed. It can be located in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Redistributables folder in the game directory. Please use the version corresponding to your Windows version (x32 or x62).
Error: Side-by-Side Configuration Error
Fix: See above
Error: Application is not a valid Win32 application
Fix: Currently the game will not run on Windows XP systems but we are looking into how to add that support