underDOGS Gaming Studio
Based in India
Mukti is a first person story exploration game based in a ravishing Indian museum talks about India’s one of the brutal social issue, Human Trafficking!"Vikram Roy was on his biggest excavation to the mesmerizing lands of Sundarbans in West Bengal for discovering the ruins of Pala Dynasty. Nearing the end of the excavation, news broke out all over India that Vikram and his colleagues executed mass killing of a tribe protecting the dynasty to acquire the century-old artifacts from the excavation and they are on a run."
“Mukti” means “Freedom”
– the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants
– the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved
We’re a small gamedev studio from India called underDOGS and the one writing this piece is me(Vaibhav), the founder! We started making games back in 2011 and have made over 200 games so far majority chunk involves client work.
Human Trafficking, although illegal remains a significant problem in India. It has already affected over 65 million Indians where they’re frequently trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation and bonded labour.
Currently we’re seeing a big wave of Indian game developers taking risky leaps by following their passions to tell beautiful regional stories. But couple of years back we’ve been reading a lot about the trafficking issue, we thought of attempting to tell a story based on this traumatic setup! Mukti speaks about the story of such people, surely it doesn’t tell what should be done to avoid it! But this could end up creating social awareness on the topic to a wider audience through an interactive narrative based game! Hence, Mukti!
Theater has taught us a lot throughout our journey, specifically an effective way for expressing. Couple of us are connected to theater and dramatics, myself performing on stage, acting and directing regional plays for over 10 years now. Experience on theater has helped us a lot in narrating and conveying the story in the right and effective way.
With all these things in place, we decided to kickstart the project back in 2017! As far as the setup was concerned, we wanted to portray as much India as we could in it! Being a small team, having a closed game environment was a no-brainer to avoid huge environmental assets. Hence, the museum as the central environment came into picture, which gave us a liberty to depict anything and everything that relates to India in either realistic or miniature form! Now the only challenge was to bind the story and gameplay together! We’ll take you through the whole journey in the coming posts.
Mukti is a first person story exploration game based in a ravishing Indian museum talks about India’s one of the brutal social issue, Human Trafficking!
Developed by underDOGS in collaboration with WanderMind Labs for Steam, Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch!
- An enthralling mystery and an emotional journey through the life of trafficked humans
- Beautiful state of art architecture of a museum with staggering collection of historical and cultural artifacts and scenarios from India
- A captivating story and narratives that keeps you on the edge of the seat
- Interactive puzzles that drive the story
- Explore age-old artifacts and learn about the background/information/historic events throughout the museum
- Interesting Camera functionality to capture pictures of fascinating artifacts/scenes throughout the museum the way you want
- A game with a cause
- Unique motion poster-like cutscenes to drive the story with emotions
- A custom-built dictionary that pops to explain the regional language and words
- Divine Indian music based on scenarios that keeps you engaged
Mukti: A Mystery Exploration Game - Announcement T YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best upcoming game of the year 2017" Nasscom
- "Official selection - Casual Connect Asia 2017" Casual Connect
- "Freedom with Unity" Unity
Official website for Mukti muktithegame.com.
Official Twitter handle twitter.com/muktithegame.
Official facebook link facebook.com/muktithegame.
Official development blog muktithegame.wordpress.com.
Official Presskit muktithegame.com/www/Press/MuktiPresskit.html.
About underDOGS Gaming Studio
Founded in 2011, underDOGS Gaming Studio has expertise in developing and publishing mobile games across various platforms like Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
More information on underDOGS Gaming Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.