Jimmie and Moe are toys that rescue fragments of childhood memories from the shadow of oblivion. They share the same strength to exist and move, evenly splitting all their attributes. In their adventures they need to run against the clock to solve challenges and platform puzzles, coordinating their moves and abilities in an asynchronous way, thus improving their individual capabilities. The game was initially developed in a 3 week long development cycle, between the 2011 Global Game Jam and the submission deadline for the SXSW Propeller Awards.
As promised before, we are releasing today a new build of Mnemons' alpha. This is the last build we will release of Mnemons in a long time and, I'm not gonna lie, probably ever. March 14th we will be dropping steadily our work and support on Mnemons and Semblante and we will start from scratch a brand new project.
These are the changes from the last version:
* Music on the hub should be working properly now.
* Fixed a problem with the music loop on certain stages.
* Added different graphic settings for the game:
** F1 for Best settings: this is the regular graphics settings with lowest performance, which needs a good video card to run smoothly. It's the default mode.
** F2 for Better settings: this mode removes some graphical effects, improving performance. Mid-range to budget graphics cards can run this mode smoothly.
** F3 for Good settings: this mode removes all shaders and graphical effects. Use it if you have an IGP or legacy cards that can't run the game properly even on the previous mode.
** You can change the graphics settings at any time during the game or at the main menu. The changes only takes effect when you change stages, however.
* Up to 46% performance improvement on all of the aforementioned modes by using a new rendering method for the Lethe, which means that if the game only slowed down on stages 1-6, 1-7 and 3-2, it will probably run smoothly now even on Best settings.
* Added a brand new stage: 3-3.
* Small fixes on stages 1-7 and 2-4. They should be less challenging now.
* And some other small fixes...