MHRD is a hardware design game, in which you design various hardware circuits in a hardware description language. The hardware circuits you design get more complex as you go until you create a fully functional CPU design.
MHRD is set in the 1980's where you join the hardware startup Microhard with the goal of disrupting the computer hardware industry by creating a more efficient CPU design. You are provided with specifications of more than 20 hardware circuits, for which you have to create working designs. Your designs are simulated and verification tests are run to let you know that your design actually works. While this is a puzzle game at its core, all designs you create could actually be implemented in hardware (or be run in an FPGA).
Available on Steam: Store.steampowered.com
Available on itch.io: Icy-games.itch.io
After getting through Steam Greenlight, MHRD can now be purchased on the Steam Store: MHRD on Steam
Welcome to Microhard
- Become a hardware engineer
- Join the hardware startup Microhard
- Immerse yourself in the technology of the 80's
- Disrupt the tech industry
Build your own CPU
- Design hardware circuits with the integrated hardware development environment
- Write your designs in the MHRD hardware design language
- Create hardware designs based on more than 20 specifications (e.g. multiplexer, adder, ALU, RAM, etc.)
- Simulate and verify your designs
- Read the included manual to get started on your career as a hardware engineer
- Reuse completed hardware designs to build more complex ones
- Design a fully functional CPU and get your mind blown!
If you can't wait to see more of MHRD, there is good news for you: Nathan from Nathan's Sandbox got hold of an early access version of the game and was...
Hardware Design Simulator MHRD is now available as an early access title on itch.io and has been submitted to Steam Greenlight.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.