It’s finally happening!
Metagolf reached the 0.2.0 Beta version
To celebrate this, I take some times to deploy this little new website.
Nothing really fancy for the moment but I plan to add a few screenshots and videos of the latest version.
As always, here is a list of the best improvement since the last version :
- Artificial Intelligence based on Finite State Machinery.
- Birds, Fishes, Rabbits and Slug playing, eating or hunting the Golf Ball.
- A new game mode called “Capture the Rabbit“.
- Player can now dislodge the ball when this one is stuck in a corner thanks to the Down Key.
- Vertical Synchronisation available.
- The player is invincible for 3 seconds when he respawn.
- You now have to click on the panel to read them (non–intrusive messages).
- Maximum shoot option.
- Debugging View is now directly available inside the Level Editor.
- A few bugs fix.
The most interesting is yet to come since I need to revamp every level of the game with the complete set of objects (more than 36 currently). A new simpler and more concise tutorial level will help you to quickly assimilate the rules of the game. I still need to smooth things over a bit before releasing a technically up to date video presentation.
Also, if you want to see Metagolf on Mac OS or PPC I still research people willing to test the beta on that platform.