Based in Brazil
Meawja is an action platform game with 8-bit style graphics where you take the role of a black cat. Your objective is to face the Master's Challenge in order to become a ninja. You will slash and cut your way through caves, dungeons, deserts and more, all this with colorful retro graphics inspired by classic NES games. In this arduous journey, you'll meet friends and foes while facing numerous dangers to prove your worth. The gameplay is based on old-school games, being simple and direct, so the player skill is what makes the difference between victory and defeat.
At the very beginning, Meawja was just an idea for a mobile runner, something that would be easy to create and easy to release. We put it on hold and made other 3 mobile games (1 was released) to finally realize that it was not what we really wanted, we don't even like mobile games. Then the Meawja idea was rescued and turned into a 2-d platformer, just the way we like it. Since it is just me and my husband on the team, we decided to use pixel-art as it would be quicker and easier for our first big game. He learned by himself to use Unity engine and programming, while I learned all about 8-bit graphics, pixel art, and animation. It turned quite well, we loved to work on it and we realized that's what we loved to do. Three levels were finished before we decided to show the game at Steam Greenlight. After 10 days of stress and many, many messages, we finally got approved. It was the most exciting day ever! Then we released a demo version where people could try the very first levels, most of them liked it and provided valuable feedback. For now, we removed the demo, but we thank everyone who downloaded it and helped us. The game is still being developed.
- Infinite lives: There's no life counter, so you can try as many times as you want. On the other hand you only have 7 energy points, so every damage is dangerous. Be careful!
- Cinematics: The game will have cinematics for a better storytelling, following the NES classic styles. Even simple, the story will have a challenging journey and charming characters.
- Original Soundtrack: Every music in the game (like everything else) is original and will be available for download.
- Classic control style: Back in the days, video-games had just a few buttons. You jump, you attack and toss shurikens. Its all you need!
- Power Ups: In your way to become a true ninja you will learn new secret techniques. But to use them you will need to prove your valor!
- Secrets! There are many secrets hidden out there. Can you find them all?
- Steam: Achievements, cards and medals are on the way.
- Cheat codes: If you look hard enough you can find some cheat codes to skip a stage or two. Who knows what else you can find?
- Controller support: Play with your keyboard and mouse or with an Xbox controller. Pretty fancy, huh?
- Extra content: We planned some extra content, but will be always free. A comic is one of them!
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Galope allows for the contents of Meawja to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Meawja is legally & explicitly allowed by Galope. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/meawja/presskit.
Steam Store page
Click here: store.steampowered.com/app/679910/Meawja.
Galope is a small team composed of two developers who are passionate about games. We focus on making games that we'd love to play, with interesting characters and universes to meet and explore.
More information on Galope, our logo & relevant media are available here.