PineApple Fish, a team of student developers based in Brisbane Australia, have released Magnesian 1.0. Bringing together puzzle and action elements in side-scrolling platform style, Magnesian is a showcase of fresh mechanics, utilizing the physics and visual power of UDK. The industrial world is brought to life through detailed graphics and deep set pieces, creating a unique and immersion gameplay experience.
Build 1.0 Features:
- Single player, side-scrolling puzzle platformer.
- Abstract magnetism - magnetic objects have a single charge (+/-) and can be manipulated with 2 tools/weapons.
- Exploratory / Sandbox gameplay; discover the true power of RP-1's magnetic abilities through experimentation. Puzzles are open and often have multiple solutions.
- Charge Beam: Fire beams of positive or negative polarized energy; interact with objects in the environment.
- Switch Beam: Fire projectiles that will toggle the polarity of a magnetic object on impact.
Build 1.0 Content:
- Main story level set in the lower depths of Magnesia's industrial sector.
- 2 Tutorial levels (Basic & Advanced).
- 5 Delivery Challenge levels (Jungle, Fields, Heavy Grav, Twin, Dark). Shorter levels in which the player must take a magnetised charge ball to the end.
- 1 Gauntlet Challenge level (Short Run). Shorter level in which the player must race through the obstacles while avoiding numerous security systems.
The game has been in the production phase for about 4 months now, and we are happy to release our current build. This version is all about us testing the waters and seeing what works. So check out the game and let us know what you think, any feedback is greatly appreciated.