Based in Los Angeles, CA
L U C A H is a style-action role-playing game about finding oneself in a nightmarish world. Trapped and afraid in a world of Nightmares, Lucah must survive the onslaught in order to seek Purification and escape the Corruption that threatens to consume them.
L U C A H began as a small solo project by developer Colin Horgan (EctoPlaza, UNCHARTED: Fortune Hunter). Influenced by personal struggles with identity and mental illness, L U C A H draws on horror, songwriting, and arcade action to present a singular experience of struggle and self-discovery.
- As one of the Marked, you must use your cursed powers to fend off the Nightmares that hunt you.
- Learn and master the stylish & punishing combat featuring a hybrid of Melee- and Projectile-based styles.
- Customize the action by mixing a rich variety of movesets and character properties to fit your play style.
- Unique Sin & Punishment difficulty system allows you to create the perfect experience for your skill level.
L U C A H ~ Kickstarter Trailer ~ YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2017 Arcade Selection" QGCon
- "2017 Selection" Playdate at LA Zine Fest
- "2017 Golden Joystick Finalist" TERMINUS Festival + Conference
- "The dark, claustrophobic world design, freaky monsters, cryptic narrative beats, high stakes combat and the superb audio design help create a tension you could cut with a knife."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Its art, in raw state, is most interesting and original than other pixel art works, sometimes archetypal or repetitive. Those shapes, maybe human, always monsters, are like hand-drawing, but they move gracefully and violently."
- Me Vs Indie, Me Vs Indie
- "The world, characters, and monsters are drawn so that the basic details can be perceived, but the rest need to be filled in by the player. This combined with the eerie atmosphere, makes the world seem all the more horrifying. In some ways, this feels more offputting than several other horror titles."
- Ethervil, Youtube
melessthanthree allows for the contents of L U C A H to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from L U C A H is legally & explicitly allowed by melessthanthree. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/lucah/presskit.
melessthanthree is making the personal universal.
More information on melessthanthree, our logo & relevant media are available here.
L U C A H Credits
animator, designer & developer
sound designer & composer
concept & promotional artist