Based in Finland
December 28 2016
Kalaban is a unique action-adventure. The game focuses on story-telling, atmosphere and open-ended gameplay. Kalaban also features elements of survival horror.
* Unique story and characters: While the game has a basic premise of mutant invasion, it also features a story with real depth and complexity.
* Top-down action: Combat and exploration are the heart of this game. You kill monsters, gain loot and eat food to heal yourself. We wanted to make the combat fun and approachable.
* Mini-sandbox: After the introduction, the player is let loose on the gameworld. You're given the freedom to explore the setting in a non-linear fashion.
* Dark comedy: The game is presented with a serious tone, but beneath it lies absurd comedy, with strange events and characters.
* Player choice matters: Your actions and choices affect the how the story plays out. The game can be described as an immersive sim from a top-down perspective.
* Hand-crafted world: All the level backgrounds are unique, and the main character is completely hand-animated. We wanted to achieve a high level of polish with the art.
* Back to the 90s: The game is set in the recent past of Finland. The game is littered with tropes and references to the pop culture of the yesteryear. In addition to that, we've taken many influences from older adventure games and DOS titles.
Kalaban - Early Access trailer YouTube
Kalaban - Release trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Kalaban is a nice small Indie project with decent gameplay concept and overall sufficient quality. For this budget price range, it is definitely a solid title for the top-down survival horror genre."
- Tamaster, Origical Curators Group
- "The game does seem to be a very good game that gives off a good atmosphere and knows how to create tension, but also knows that comedy is needed. The overall progression of the game will keep the player wanting to advance, to discover the real reason behind the events that are happening. The reviewer would suggest this to anybody who likes survival horror."
- Sargefan, The Drastik Measure
Rayhouse Productions allows for the contents of Kalaban to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Kalaban is legally & explicitly allowed by Rayhouse Productions. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/kalaban/presskit.
Kalaban on Itch.io rayharry.itch.io/kalaban.
Kalaban on Gamejolt gamejolt.com/games/kalaban/167536.
Kalaban on HumbleBundle humblebundle.com/store/kalaban.
About Rayhouse Productions
Rayhouse Productions is a defunct multimedia house and game company, which was founded in 2013.
More information on Rayhouse Productions, our logo & relevant media are available here.