3D Realms (Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, Prey, Max Payne) is excited to bring back the famous Build engine, which powered Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior and other 90's hits. Of old-school throwback games, ION FURY is the real deal, using that original tech from the famous era that launched the FPS genre.
Welcome to ION FURY!
Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename as a bomb disposal expert for the Global Defense Force.
When transhumanist cult mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes a cybernetic army on Neo DC, Shelly decides it’s time to start chucking bombs rather than defusing them.
Her journey will leave trails of blood and gore in huge, multi-path levels filled with those famous colorful keycards and plenty of secrets and Easter Eggs to discover behind every corner.
Shelly’s quest to take down Dr. Heskel’s army will see her use an arsenal of weapons, all with alternate fire modes or different ammo types. Her signature revolver, Loverboy, brings enemies pain and players pleasure with single shots, or Shelly can fan the hammer Old West style. Shotguns are fun, but tossing grenades down their barrels and firing explosive rounds is even better. Bowling Bombs are just as violent and over-the- top as one would hope.
Ion Fury laughs at the idea of constant checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean there won’t be all the good new stuff the last two decades have brought.
The full ION FURY experience will includes the following features;
- The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood.
- Built using the original "Build" engine, with additional enhancements to further improve the technology.
- Beautiful hand-crafted artwork, built using original old-school tools and methodologies.
- 7 exciting Zones, each spanning multiple maps.
- Tons of enemies, weapons and carnage!
- Best of both worlds! ION FURY brings back the classic '90s FPS action you love, with modern additions such as physics and checkpoints.
- Classic level design, no procedural generation! Expect multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- True tracked module music!
- Incredible weapons with alternate firemodes!
- Easy access to development tools and modding (Steam Workshop) on day one!
- ... And about Multiplayer... Stay tuned!
Why Early Access?
“Our Early Access release is a little bit different from other Early Access games.
For Ion Fury, we've developed a fully polished "Preview Campaign" which can be downloaded right now, ahead of the release of the full game. This short campaign is specially tailored to introduce players to the world of Ion Fury, and is a standalone episode which can be played completely from start to finish.
During the Early Access period, we'll be periodically updating the game to introduce new features and content.
When the game leaves Early Access later this year, the full campaign will be released and all owners of the game will receive the new content as an update.
Thank you for checking out our game!”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The full version of Ion Fury will include a completely new, several hour long campaign. Get psyched! Here's some of what you can look forward to:
- Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
- Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
- A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
- An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
- The classic '90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
- ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format
- Easy access to level editor and other development tools, plus Steam Workshop support
- The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The current Early Access version includes a short "Preview Campaign" which is a polished experience and can be fully played from beginning to end. When the full campaign is ready and the game leaves Early Access, all players will receive the campaign as an update.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No, we do not plan to raise the price of the game after the Early Access period.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Customer feedback will help us improve and perfect ION FURY.
All of our developers are long time veterans of a very active BUILD engine community, ready to eagerly listen to what our players have to say. Creating the best possible game has been our goal since day one.
Through Steam, Discord, and our forums, we'll listen to what the community has to say during every step of ION FURY development. So, make sure to tell us how you feel about our level design, gameplay elements, sound, and anything else you deem important. We'll take it into account for the full game.”