Greetings, Interplanetarists! We come bearing glad tidings.
To ease the wait until the next proper update (it'll be a doozy!), we decided to put out a little patch to fix some big annoyances.
First of all, we've begun a great networking overhaul, one that should fix a huge amount of the current problems with online play. While the results are still a couple of updates away, today's patch contains an important network fix, sort of as a teaser of things to come: the turn processing fix!
There's nothing quite as aggravating as having your game crash in between turns because of some random reason. That random reason turned out to be lasers. Due to some hitbox weirdness, a laser blast would sometimes not reach the planet surface at all, causing the game being confused and calculating the attack forever. This should now be fixed.
Next on our list of fixes is something many of you have been waiting for: the structure graphic/intel fix.
A while ago we made an experimental intel system change that allowed players to see the locations of enemy structures, but not any of the details. This turned out to be pretty unpopular, so we're hereby changing it back! As of this patch, all the city graphics and building graphics will be hidden unless the player has enough intel to see them. Because of this change, we also made a couple of balance tweaks, mainly having to do with beefing up the targetable weapons and nerfing defense buildings to account for this added layer of defense.
That's all the big changes now, but do check out the detailed changelog for every little thing.
Interplanetary Version 0.6.4981_EAC_6.6
- Fixed online games crashing at turn processing due to Laser weirdness
- City and Building graphics are now visible only if the player has enough intel
- Camera now centers on the player planet when entering Targeting View
- Material production upgrades changed to consume Planet Material
- Cities now get destroyed when population reaches 0, as opposed to 1/6 of maximum
- Sun gravity increased
- Laser effects made slightly more visible
- Defense building Visibility increased
- Railgun Visibility slightly decreased
- Missile Population damage increased
- Laser Population damage increased
- Defense Energy consumption increased
- Upgradeable Intel amount for Data Security Hub decreased
- Upgradeable Counterintel amount for Telescope Array decreased
And what better way to celebrate the patch than...
The previous Whack-a-Dev turned out to be so cozy, we thought of having a home-broadcast again. So, catch the whacking stream on our Twitch channel and join the discussion in the chat. Just like the previous time, a couple of us will be playing a match or two of Interplanetary and chatting around, answering the questions you post in the chat.
Whack-a-Dev is a regular Interplanetary event, where members of Team Jolly Roger host online matches and challenge the players. Defeat us and we release Interplanetary Steam keys into the wild!
Blast you soon and blast you hard!