Hokan: Monster Slayer is a first person shooter (FPS) monster arena with elements of action and stealth, currently in Alpha. The goal in this demo is to survive and help a small town community from rampaging monsters. Buy elixirs, find weapons, and exercise your monster slaying.
Hokan: Monster Slayer is a PC action stealth first person shooter (FPS), currently in Alpha, set in a future where a mysterious mineral is the new source of greed across the galaxy. You are Shin, a young member of a clan of warriors and hunters who dedicate themselves to the protection the land and its inhabitants . And for the rite of passage to obtain the rank of Hokan “Elite Hunter”, you are sent to several missions which involve helping inhabitants from a recent threat of demons and monsters, rampaging the land and killing everything on their path.
About the Game
You will need to use your stealth skills to create distractions, perform critical damage, and remain undetected for when the situation gets out of hand. The monsters are strong, fast, and very perceptive. You can buy elixirs to increment your skills but at the end, it will be your wits that keep you alive. Our hero's patience and observation will be put to the test.
How to Play
The mode "No Return" is the first game mode released, it consist of a single map subdivided in 3 sections. To move to the next section you need to find the key to open the door. These keys are hidden within the town houses.
You also need to activate the mineral extraction station. The objective is marked red in your map. The blue marks are for weapons.
There are NPCs that will help you by selling ammo and skills elixirs. You buy those with crystals that are dropped by killing enemies.
Be always alert and plan your moves, monsters are though and very perceptive.
This is based on feedback obtained from some players. We will do our best to flesh out these ideas within the game with time.
- Monster can detect flying arrows in their LineOfSight, so if they are able to detect it, be sure to move to another position.
- Monster will come to investigate where they were shot from, so it is safer to have a place to hide.
- Houses have spots to hide, but they are not a 100% sure thing, if the monster is too close to you, they will see you. The same is when hiding in bushes.
- If you get surrounded and want to move, be sure to check all around you, a monster might see you and alert others.
- There is nothing wrong with playing this game slowly. It is actually safer.
- User interface improvements.
- Save Checkpoints
- Reduce game file size.
- More to come...
Continued development will use feedback obtained by gamers. So please let us know what you think.