Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas is a non-commercial PC game being developed by PiratesAhoy!, and is to become the historical seafaring game to end them all! Fun, realistic gameplay on land and at sea, set during the Age of Sail, will provide extensive free play, exciting scripted storylines and intense multiplayer scenarios.
This release includes the first iteration of a tutorial level that takes the player through how to control the ship. You are given targets to fire at to improve your score. Installation instructions and alternate download link enclosed. >>
--THIS BUILD DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL QUALITY OF HEARTS OF OAK--
Click here to download from an alternate mirror
1. Download HoO_setup.exe above and run the application.
2. Choose the folder you want to install the game to, accept the terms and conditions, and click Install.
3. Wait for the installer to finish, and click Run to start the game.
4. You will be prompted to select your game settings before the game launches.
NOTE: If you see a Windows security warning when running the launcher, click Run Anyway. This only occurs because Windows doesn't recognise the publisher.
HOW TO PLAY
- Select 'Create Character' in the main menu to generate a custom character. Save the character with a name of your choosing.
- Select 'Play Game' in the main menu, and choose your custom character and 'single-player' as the game mode.
- Move your character in-game with WASD. Approach a nearby ship to begin the tutorial, which will explain the controls for sailing and firing the guns.
Please do send us your feedback! Remember, this is an early build and it makes heavy use of placeholders, so the graphics and content will be improved in later builds.