Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas is a non-commercial PC game being developed by PiratesAhoy!, and is to become the historical seafaring game to end them all! Fun, realistic gameplay on land and at sea, set during the Age of Sail, will provide extensive free play, exciting scripted storylines and intense multiplayer scenarios.
We have made significant progress for this release in areas such as sailing physics, damage systems, destructible rigging, and enemy ship AI. Please give this build a thorough testing and let us know what you think! Installation instructions and alternate download link enclosed. >>
--THIS BUILD DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL QUALITY OF HEARTS OF OAK--
Click here to download from an alternate mirror
1. Download HoO_setup.exe above and run the application.
2. Choose the folder you want to install the game to, accept the terms and conditions, and click Install.
3. Wait for the installer to finish, and click Run to start the game.
4. You will be prompted to select your game settings before the game launches.
NOTE: If you see a Windows security warning when running the launcher, click Run Anyway. This only occurs because Windows doesn't recognise the publisher.
In the Game Settings folder, you'll find shipSettings.txt and targetSettings.txt. Feel free to edit these files to change the number of AI and static targets in the scene respectively. If you're not sure what to edit in these files, we're happy to help.
If you're seeing poor game performance, try lowering the number of ships and targets. Please let us know what configuration works well for you!
HOW TO PLAY
- Select 'Create Character' in the main menu to generate a custom character. Save the character with a name of your choosing.
- Select 'Play Game' in the main menu, and choose your custom character and 'single-player' as the game mode.
- Move your character in-game with WASD. Approach a nearby ship to begin the tutorial, which will explain the controls for sailing and firing the guns.
- Toggle "Auto Fire" and "Auto Aim" settings on and off with F1 and F2 respectively.
Please do send us your feedback! Remember, this is an early build and it makes use of placeholders, so the graphics and content will be improved in later builds.