GREEN HELL is an Open World Survival Simulator set in the uncharted unique setting of the Amazonian rainforest.
You are left alone in the jungle without any food or equipment, trying to survive and find your way out. Clinging to life, the player is set on a journey of durability as the effects of solitude wear heavy not only on the body but also the mind. How long can you survive against the dangers of the unknown?
On this journey, you won’t get any help from the outside world. Equipped only with your bare hands you’ll have to learn actual survival techniques to build shelters, make tools, and craft weapons in order to hunt and defend yourself. Constantly threatened by the jungle you’ll fight with both wild animals and tropical sicknesses. Players will also have to face the traps set by your own mind and fears that crawl in the darkness of the endless jungle.
You are thrown deep into the emerald and impenetrable Amazonian rain forest. The green hell. Your goal is to survive in the depths of a nightmarish environment using truly intuitive means to escape. Having only a radio at your disposal you will follow the familiar voice of a loved one through this endless and inhospitable jungle, unveiling bit by bit how you got there in the first place. What you discover will be worse than what you fought so hard against to survive.
Where can the human mind wander?
REALISTIC SURVIVAL SIM
• Use of true survival techniques (including starting fires, camp building, animal traps construction)
• Sourcing and composing objects allowing survival (including weapons and tools)
• Food sourcing (hunting, cropping)
• Wound, disease and other injuries treatment, depending on the situation
Green Hell's story emphasizes psychological aspects of survival in extreme conditions. The player faces a ruthless situation, isolated, and fighting to survive another day. The players battle will not only be against the environment as you fight to keep your sanity. Will you succeed or fall into the depths of your mind? To unveil the truth the player will have to fight the hardest battle they will ever fight - the fight against themselves, their weaknesses and fears.
AMAZONIAN RAINFOREST SETTING
Amazonian rainforest is the richest natural environment in the world. Exotically breathtaking, spectacular, multicolored, full of tones and sounds but mortal, deadly, uncompromising for the ignorant.
• Part of the Amazonian rainforest as a map of the world for the setting
• The richness of plants and multitude of animal species (mammals, reptiles, birds, and insects)
• Simulation of animals natural occurrence and behavior
• Dynamically changing environment due to the weather
Survival in such extreme conditions requires willpower - without it we are sentenced only to madness and death. In green Hell, your wellbeing, both physical and psychological, are strictly related. Body inspection mode allows the player to diagnose themselves and heal their body. In this mode, we can also remove all kinds of parasites that decided to make a home out of your body.
Psychophysical parameters of the player include:
• psychological condition
• physical condition
• Setting: deadly yet beautiful Amazonian rainforest
• Body inspection mode
• A multitude of fauna and flora and the dangers awaiting the player
• Environment and situation impact on the player’s psychology
• Impact of environment changes to the ecosystem
• An addictive story
• Dynamically changing environment
Creepy Jar is excited to announce that Green Hell will be leaving Early Access and launching 1.0 at: Sept 5, 2019
Watch the Story Mode Teaser Trailer Now!:
Releasing into Early Access in August of 2018, Green Hell comes full circle just over one year later as it launches into version 1.0.
Continuing our focus on listening to the Green Hell community, Creepy Jar has also implemented a number of changes and fixes to coincide with the 1.0 launch update. See a list of the major additions in the update below;
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions:
● Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
● New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore.
● Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
● New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
● New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
● Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
● Custom Game Settings – Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.
Thank you for surviving with us!
Patch: V.0.5.0 (Mud Building Update) is live now!
New information regarding release of Green Hell
Patch: V.0.4.0 (Combat Update) is live.
Green Hell V.0.3.0 Water update out now on Steam.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.