• Register

Gentrieve 2 is a "Metroid"-style 3D action game featuring completely random & customizable worlds. The year is 3080. Mass Generators are creating everything, everywhere. However, thieves often steal Mass Generators in hopes of creating robot armies & fortresses. Thieves are terrible programmers, though, and their creations become uncontrollably hostile & fortresses wildly convoluted. It is your job to clear out these fortresses & return the faulty Mass Generators. Be warned, when the Mass Generator is taken offline, the fortress will soon implode!

Forum Thread
v0.68a Released! (Games : Gentrieve 2 : Forum : Annoucements : v0.68a Released!) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 31 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

I got in some reports of some nagging bugs, so I wanted to address those and get a new release out before taking on some bigger development goals. As a result, there is no “big” changes in this update, but lots of important tweaks and fixes have been made. Check out the Version History to see all of the changes.

What are these bigger development goals I want to take on? I want to add some type of foliage. This would be like some type of mushrooms or swaying grass, depending on the area. Maybe even some security cameras and other little room “trinkets.” If you have a slower machine, I’ll have an option available to disable these extra little decorations — but I think they will give rooms more visual character. It also has been requested a bit in the forums!

I also want to get started on some “Speed Run”-specific features. I’d love to add some type of check-point timer. For example, when getting the first item in a world, it will tell you how many seconds ahead or behind you are from a previous run. Also, I want to get in some recording and playback features that would allow people to watch & verify other runs. Once these features get into place, then we can start some contests!

- Phr00t

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.