• Register

Gentrieve 2 is a "Metroid"-style 3D action game featuring completely random & customizable worlds. The year is 3080. Mass Generators are creating everything, everywhere. However, thieves often steal Mass Generators in hopes of creating robot armies & fortresses. Thieves are terrible programmers, though, and their creations become uncontrollably hostile & fortresses wildly convoluted. It is your job to clear out these fortresses & return the faulty Mass Generators. Be warned, when the Mass Generator is taken offline, the fortress will soon implode!

Forum Thread
v0.62a Released! (Games : Gentrieve 2 : Forum : Annoucements : v0.62a Released!) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 28 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

v0.62a is now available! I wanted to get this out as quickly as possible, since after watching some videos, I realized dynamic lighting was NOT working as expected! The new version should look much better visually. I also included a bunch of color and texturing improvements, so everything should look better!

I also included a few gameplay improvements, like easier underwater areas & less linear world generation. You will likely notice more hub rooms, and shorter returns back to the starting room at the end of the game.I highly recommend starting a new world, since many improvements will only be seen with a newly generated world.

Complete list of changes:

1. Fixed dynamic lighting
  2. Improved texture scaling
  3. Improved light placement
  4. World generation is less linear; more “hub” rooms
  5. Normalized random texture picking along walls
  6. Color selection is more natural; less saturated
  7. Fixed a bug that caused damage when entering a small spiked room
  8. Placed dual-fire weapons a bit closer together
  9. Put some gameplay tips in the loading dialog box
  10. Fixed dialog box sizing & alignment
  11. Extended enemy beam weapons
  12. Slowed enemy projectiles in water zones to be easier to dodge
  13. Fixed spelling errors in the opening story
  14. Other minor performance tweaks

Get it @ Gentrieve.wordpress.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.