New Story Line
A new Story Line has been added to Galactic Crew: "Bounty Hunter"! It adds a new planetary mission and new items to the game that are unique for this Story Line. Parts of the new story depend on the selected role (merchant, pirate, ...). You can use it alone or in combination with the other story to create a custom game experience.
Pleasure hubs are a new type of random encounter. They work similar to space stations: They offer missions and they will trade with you. In addition, you also have the option to hire new crew members! However, you can't retrofit your ship and they don't have a static location in the galaxy.
You can dump goods and items directly from the inventory window, if you have too much stuff in your spaceship. Simply drag an item you want to dump on the trash bin.
A small help icon has been added to several menu pages. They play audio files and explain the most important features.
Several small improvements were made on the mission UI elements.
The name of a Story Line is displayed in their mission's tool-tip on the Galactic Map.
I want to apologize for all bugs that were not solved with the last update. I was running out of time. However, I spent a lot of time with testing in the past two weeks and I solved all reported and found bugs. If you find a bug, feel free to contact me and I will fix them as soon as possible.
- When completing the Archaeological Expedition story, both achievements were achieved.
- The achievement Hoard 10,000 credits couldn't be achieved.
- The game could crash when starting a new game, if there no captains were saved before.
- The Mark II Thruster did not count as thruster when determining if the player can fly to a new sector.
- Resolved two spelling mistakes in German quest descriptions.
- In some situations, the last button in a quest dialog was not fully visible.
- Looting dead enemies did not work when there was a gathered resource nearby.
- For some missions the wrong target was displayed in the UI.
- When resizing the game, the crew's equipment in the Crew Overview was displayed with an offset.
- The hit boxes of Zombies were scaled up, because in some cases it was too hard to aim at them.
- Fixed tool-tips for beam and particle laser weapon turrets.
- Dinosaurs, bears and other beasts did not defend themselves when being attacked.
- Fixed blurred resource descriptions in the inventory.
- Fixed possible crash source when harvesting asteroid with mining drones.
- In certain dungeon rooms, there was a chemical barrel that could not be harvested.
- In some parts of bunker dungeons, end pieces of walls were missing.
- The life bar wasn't adjusted when the max. hit points of a creature changed, e.g. when using life-enhancing drugs.
- You could promote too many crew members to officer roles on planets and in dungeons.
- When selling a lot of different firearms at the same time, the wrong ones could be removed from the inventory.
Coming up next...
Next, I will work on game engine improvements. I do not use a commercial game engine, but I wrote my very own one for this game. I will spend the next weeks to improve it to add shadow and light effects, to improve the laser beam effects and to improve memory management. I plan to publish this update in mid to late July. You can always find the latest progress on my Twitter channel. However, bugs will still be fixed as soon as possible.