Based in Slovenia
Floatlands is a lowpoly survival-exploration fps game where you play a robot as the main character. Game is currently in early development with set goals. We will strive to make regular updates for players and listen to their feedback, because we think that only this will make the game relevant and exciting to play.
The idea for a low-poly game came from our project manager Domen Koneski. He was having fun creating some floating islands in Unity3D and the colored only models really looked good to all of us.
The train of thought naturally went to jetpacks and flying around, defending each island from enemies (mobs in the shape of a helicopter). Andrej, our 3d artist, quickly created a helicopter, a main character for a first person shooter, with a cool looking double-barrelled shotgun, a few animations and other assets.
We shared a few screenshots of the scene on Instagram and Facebook, the feedback was well beyond our initial expectations, since we immediately got offers for beta testing, requests for PS4 version and suggestions for further concepts. We’re really enthusiastic about this project and looking forward to working with our community!
- procedurally generated world
- custom build mode
- resource gathering
- questing, points of interest
- tower defense
- dungeon system
- advanced projectile system, dynamic crosshair
Floatlands Demo Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie game of the year 2016" SGC - Slovenian games conference
- "The game is intended to be pure escapism – a stunning, procedurally generated dreamscape that players can lose themselves in."
- Gamespress, Gamasutra
- "Crisp low-poly visuals, along with an epic, atmospheric original score, make the game a unique experience that’s about more than just survival."
- Gamespress, Girl Gamers UK
- "The infinite number of islands, procedurally generated graphics and biomes, as well as the sheer number of items to build give you tons to do and work with."
- Jupiter Hadley, Playsource
About 6Pills Games
We are a group of 5 friends who share the same passion for making games. We're located in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Our first project was Flying Pet, a mobile arcade game where you transport animals with helicopters and avoid obstacles. The second title is named Jenkem, it’s a hilarious never-ending farting game. Ore Miner, clicking game for mobiles, is our most successful project to date. Currently we’re working on a lowpoly survival/exploration FPS game called Floatlands. Team members: Andrej Krebs, Blaž Drobnič, Domen Koneski, Mito Horvat, Vili Volčini.
More information on 6Pills Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.