Current Version: v0.2
Planned for Alpha 2 and beyond:
- Items and some crafting (crafting system will be VASTLY different from old Explorium)
- More graphical variation in blocks
- Water simulation (basic system completed, not yet in-game)
Planned for Alpha 1:
Alpha 1 (The Big Update)
In development. Remember that many features existing in the previous version are missing or changed as the game has been COMPLETELY re-written.
- Added colored, smooth, attenuated lighting
- Added online and local network multiplayer
- Added infinite worlds using a chunk engine
- Added bloom effect
- Added the ability to have many worlds
- Added parallax
- Added graphics options
- Added decoration layers to all blocks (ores, grass, etc.)
- Added character names
- Added 2D sound (sound volume and pan calculated based on distance from player)
- Added sprinting
- Changed all graphics
- Changed player collisions and animation
- Changed all sound effects
- Changed all music
- Changed menu appearance
- Changed zoom level from 3x to 2x (1x optional)
Old Explorium, no longer relevant:
- Added extra inventory slots for equips and armor.
- Added creatures!
- Added usable storage chests.
- Added health and money.
- Added Small Rat mob.
- Added Great Green Glob mob.
- Added Shroomy mob.
- Added a new Ancient Technology item.
- Added the ability to freely move the inventory screen.
- Added a readable note that shows crafting recipes.
- Added a new crafting station.
- Added a new biome.
- Added a fully-fledged background with day and night. Clouds, too!
- Added functional ladders.
- Added new crates.
- Added 5 new ores.
- Added a new type of item, which includes the Gem Cutter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- Added armor.
- Musical transitions.
- Tweaked clay and mud generation.
- Ancient Technology items now have durability, rendering them useless when they run out of power. Keep in mind that the Mining Laser uses power whenever you fire it, not just when you mine blocks.
- Fixed inventory clipping to wrong position.
- Inventory keeps hotbar position after opening and closing the inventory.
- Player no longer drops from the sky.
- The player has a new variable: luck. It affects treasure finding probabilities.
- Optimized block drawing slightly.
- Menu is now controlled with the mouse.
- Crafting is now done by clicking instead of pressing enter.
- Fixed destroying adjacent blocks when moving mouse from another block.
- It' no longer possible to teleport into a block.
- Tweaked and fixed a few bugs with drops.
- Reduced load time.
- Redesigned manner of collisions. They are much more precise now, allowing for a large variety of different solid types.
- Player now has momentum and more realistic gravity.
- Doors now work properly.
- Changed menu sounds.
- Swords work correctly and change the player's attack power.
Edited by: Artful_Diversions