• Register

In Ensign-1 you play the role of a space fighter pilot returning from a deep space colonization mission. On arrival back to our own solar system, you find Earth has been colonized by a hostile alien force. It's now up to you, with the help of your mothership, the Ensign-1, to take it back Ensign-1 allows allows for complete freedom in approaching objectives. You can fight from the safety of your spacecraft, or land and exit to explore space stations and carriers on foot. You can commandeer any spacecraft in the game, no matter how big or how small. Defend an asteroid base, or take the fight to the enemy with a huge mothership, friends manning turrets, it's your choice. The game also features a multiplayer mode where players can explore a randomly generated galaxy, either fighting co-operatively to clean out enemy fighters, or battling each other for supremacy.

Forum Thread
Segfault in Ubuntu 12.04 at the end of second mission (Games : Ensign-1 : Forum : Support : Segfault in Ubuntu 12.04 at the end of second mission) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 27 2012 Anchor

In the second mission, after I fly out of the base, the screen locks up on me and I can't complete the mission. I can hear sound effects, and it sounds as if the game is going on, but with no visuals, it's impossible to go on from that point.

The only thing in the kernel-log is this:

Oct 27 16:01:32 roger-desktop kernel: [23700.056892] desura[6859]: segfault at 7fb2dfea3960 ip 00007fb328c5762b sp 00007fff1609c6a0 error 4 in libuicore.so[7fb328a88000+550000]

Let me know if there's anything else you need to debug this. Loving the game so far.

Dec 25 2012 Anchor

I'm experiencing the same, but it happens when I try to fly out of the base. On Arch Linux, though no segfault.

Edit: Okay, it happens after I fly out of the base and get killed, but also with a better video card. Hm.

Edited by: ChemBro

Dec 26 2012 Anchor

I'm away from my linux box for the hollidays, I'll check it out hen I get back home.

Dec 29 2012 Anchor

I'm experiencing this issue too, on Linux Mint 13 with MATE

Jan 14 2013 Anchor

Anything new?

Jan 14 2013 Anchor

I just got back home from being away to show the game off at the convention. When I get some time, I'll take a look at the linux issues, sorry for the delay.

Hey guys, I just played through the game and didn't run into any problems. Can you guys describe the situation exactly? This is in the second mission, after you retrieved the CD, and then are flying back out the tunnel?

Did you kill all the enemies before going in or were there some left? Anything you could do to help me pinpoint the problem would help greatly.

I'm putting up an update to the game, though I doubt it will fix the problem yet.

If it's still happening in this specific mission, you can press F1 in the mission map, and set a different node to be unlocked (locked 0) and skip the mission.

Jan 15 2013 Anchor

I cannot confirm the problem with the new update. Also with the new update, the game is now playable for me. No more slowdown/freezes in dogfights, I can actually hit my enemy now. I didn't have a crash, no freezes, was able to finish mission 2.

One problem I got is, I missed the entrance to the moon base in mission 2 a little bit and ended up IN the moon and couldn't get out. Also I docked 2 times in the moon base and was placed outside the room, where the ship docked, something, that was fixed some time ago but now it occured again. The 3rd time it worked.

And one thing: the nebula slowdown isn't as bad as before the update. I know, I can turn down the nebula to get the game faster, but I think, I shouldn't have to.

Jan 15 2013 Anchor

Well glad to hear it! I made a few optimizations, so glad to hear they are kicking in.

I'm not familiar with the docking issue, but if you can take a picture I might be able to look at it.

Sadly, being a one man programmed game, there's a lot of things I'll never be able to make perfect.

Jan 16 2013 Anchor

Well, I couldn't get below the room this time, but something similiar to that.. Also I spawned below that room last time:
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com

Jan 16 2013 Anchor

Well that's why we put the ladder there on the side ;)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.