Dark Deception is an intense new arcade horror game being developed by
Glowstick Games,LLC, a 2 man indie game studio. It combines first person
perspective with elaborate monster-filled mazes, an exciting story, and
fast-paced gameplay! Think Pac-Man meets Tales from the Crypt. Carolyn
Seymour (Myrrah from Gears of War and Dr. Chakwas from Mass Effect)
lends her awesome voice to the game. The story is written by Mike Lee,
the writer for Ghost Recon, HAWX, End War Online, Warhammer's Malus
Darkblade Chronicles, and Hunter: Avengers.
You play as a cop on the run, fleeing from deeds you thought long
buried. In desperation, you turn to the urban legend of Helen Bierce, a
famous actress who vanished in 1930. Dark and disturbing rumors
surrounded her disappearance at the time. Out of options and backed into
a corner, your only chance is to dive headfirst into evil and hope to
The gameplay for Dark Deception is pretty simple: collect all the
soul shards (the purple triangles) before the monsters kill you.
Collecting all the shards will reveal a puzzle piece, and grabbing that
will complete the level.
We plan to add RPG mechanics where the sum of your high scores is
your XP. This will allow you to unlock abilities focused on escaping or
detecting the monsters, which activate when you grab specific pickups
within the levels.
Here's what you can expect from Dark Deception:
- Engaging & suspenseful story arc.
- 10-12 huge levels.
- Different enemies with different attack/movement patterns in each
level (clowns, roaches, killer robots, evil dolls, zombies, and
minatours, oh my).
- Fun gameplay mechanics.
- Additional levels as an expansion later.
- Compatible with Oculus Rift (not needed to play the game though).
- Extras (art gallery from super talented concept artists around the industry, story archives, and more!).
- Professional soundtrack from Soundelux Music Group in LA.
Also possible (depending on Kickstarter campaign):
- localization (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean).
- Multiplayer Mode - compete for shards with other players in an
arena filled with monsters. When a player dies, they take control of a
monster to pursue remaining players.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.