News and releases!
Hey folks! Today we're happy to announce a great update to Cry of Fear. It's including a lot of new things, such as 2 whole new campaigns, bug fixes and many new features for custom mappers. The whole changelist can be seen further down on this news post.
Here below is the trailer for one of the new campaigns that have been released along with the patch. It's called Cry of Fear - Memories, and is a collaboration campaign between ruMpel from Team Psykskallar, and 8 other mappers from the Cry of Fear Community.
Along with Cry of Fear - Memories, another campaign have been released, called Cry of Fear - Out Of It. It's made by a guy called wnuk2380. You can write feedback about his campaign, and help and what not on his campaign page.
All of those campaigns can be played by only updating Cry of Fear using the launch app. Simply follow the instructions further down on this news post.
Patch 1.4 changelist:
Fixes and adds
- Added new donators
- Added custom campagin Cry of Fear - Memories
- Added custom campagin Cry of Fear - Out Of It
- Updated custom campaign The Stairway to 1.2
- Updated custom campaign Community Collab to 1.2
- Added new G43 semi-auto rifle to coop
- Coop has been updated with some new monster placements and weapons
- Saw Crazy health tweaked
- Changed cof_suicide4 fall behaviour to respawn you back at the top
- Minor changes to cof_suicide maps
Features for custom campaign makers:
- Added the ability to use custom w models
- Added the ability to use custom v models
- Added the ability to use custom weapon scripts
- Added the ability to use custom materials.txt for custom textures
- Added the ability for custom non-translated objectives
- Added the ability for enabling dual wield with the revolver
- Added the ability for enabling phone dropping
- Added the ability to choose custom names for developer commentary
- Added the ability to dynamically change sleeve/glove/finger textures in SP and coop
- Added the ability to dynamically change player models in coop
- Added custom entity trigger_suicide
- Added AoMDC headcrab monster to the fgd
- Added the ability for custom tape recorder messages
- Added the ability for trigger_push to only affect monsters
- Added the ability to customise lantern light RGB values and radius
- Added the ability to trigger events in coop based on number of living/any players
- Added the ability to trigger events in coop based on number of players inside a brush
To find the changelists of patch 1.1, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.2, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.3, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.35, head here:
How to install patch 1.4
1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\half-life\CryOfFear\CoFLaunchApp.exe.
2. Once your launch program is up, simply click "CHECK FOR UPDATES", and it will download it and install it for you automatically. Once the install is done, restart Steam.
If you want to download manually, you can do so here: www.cry-of-fear.com/patches/patch.exe
Don't forget the Cry of Fear Campaign Competition, in which the community will create Custom Campaigns to win awesome prizes. The competition is held by Team Psykskallar and PewDiePie, and is sponsored by MIONIX.
To see more info about the competition, please check out those videos where PewDiePie and Andreas (ruMpel) explain more. In PewDiePies video, scroll to 04:26 to see the competition stuff.
The competition is sponsored by MIONIX.
To use all the new features as a custom mapper, you will need the latest SDK (1.2). The SDK is not finished yet, and will be finished in few days. James and I (Andreas) have been very busy with this patch, and we did not have time to finish the SDK. We will spend this weekend to finish it off though. Just keep track on this page, and it will appear for you sometime this weekend!
We are also in great need of having servers up and running, to let people experience the awesome co-op modes.
So if you want to help us with putting up servers, head to this link to read more:
We would really, really appriciate your help, and we will consider a cool way to thank the server hosters.
Cry of Fear v1.0
For you who have not yet tried Cry of Fear, please download it from here down below. We recommend you follow this guide if you are not sure how to install Cry of Fear:
Cry of Fear Official Soundtrack
As we said on the other news, we have released the Cry of Fear OST. It contains 50 songs of emotional and horrifying music, along with many other secret unused songs that we planned to have in the game. The songs are mastered and mixed to suit best as music rather than in-game music for a game.
You can find the album here:
We hope that you will enjoy this patch! Please leave a comment on what you think, and why not follow us on Facebook? We almost post news every day on it, and we have a lot more going on in our Facebook. For all of you fans, we recommend it! Simply click on the facebook icon to head to our facebook.
Anyways, see you out there, and hopefully you will cry of fear.