Note: You can now pre-order Buildanauts
at a reduced price via our Humble Widget!
This will give you pre-alpha-access in December, DRM free, steam key, cross-platform and all the updates up to the finish and onward. Most importantly you'd be supporting us so we can finish the development.
We've already come a long way since June 1st of this year when we really started development of Buildanauts. I get pretty excited every time Jeremy finishes programming a new, cool feature.
In this video which Jeremy decided to make today, we'll explore just about everything we've put together since we started. We still have a ways to go, but much progress has been made! One thing missing in this video though is terraforming which you can see in some of our other dev videos.
We're still in early-alpha state, so what's missing from the gameplay in this video? Well here are just a few things:
- Townsfolk moving into the houses you build and reacting to the environment
- Construction Mode - Your crew will actually build the house you designed (seen in this video). In 'Construction Mode', you'll assign tasks to your workers to build your creation in Design Mode. Crew will also build roads, sidewalks and other things.
- You can't build unless you have the funds for materials and to hire your crew. You can earn funds by performing jobs, challenges, completing construction site jobs and more.
- Rank your way up to Foreman by keeping in good standing with your people. Do things to make them angry and they'll move out and you'll lose merit!
- Trucks will play a role in challenges and certain jobs to earn more funds.
- User Interface Design. Our elements are in, we just need to design the UI now.
- A lot more options for decorating your town and houses
- And much, much more! Stay tuned.
Shane & Jeremy