Based in Poland
July 20 2016
Steampunk Paris, set against the background of the late 19th century, torn between tradition and modernity. Class differences and pervasive racism finally lead to a tragedy. A year later you find yourself on trial, accused of a brutal murder. How far will you go to exonerate yourself? Will you lie? Manipulate the evidence? Frame others? Act insane? Confess? Your imagination is the limit.
I am a lawyer with serious plans to embark on a prosecutor's career. My legal interests include broadly understood penal law, criminal investigation, and forensic medicine. I have completed many expert training courses, including among others concerning interrogation methods, criminal profiling, and modus operandi. I always wanted to use my skills and knowledge to make the "ultimate courtroom drama game" - the most realistic, non-linear video game set around an actual trial.
The entire game (except of music and voice-overs) is made by one person - myself.
Music was composed by Marcin Maślanka.
And voice-overs are played and dubbed by a world-class film and voice actor, Stephane Cornicard. He studied in France, at the prestigious Colby College in the US, and at Goldsmith College in the UK. He played in numerous blockbusters such as “Spectre,” the most recent Bond film, or Steven Spielberg’s “Saving Private Ryan”. His career as a voice actor is no less impressive and includes Syphon Filter, Primal, Metal Gear Solid, and the Dragon Age and Total War series. He currently teaches drama at the Actor’s Centre in London.
- First courtroom drama game made by a real-life lawyer.
- Non-linear story, allowing you to create any line of defense.
- 9 different endings (from framing others to escaping from prison).
- A mix of Firewatch and Phoenix Wright.
- The most realistic courtroom drama game ever made.
Bohemian Killing - Promo Trailer YouTube
Bohemian Killing - Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Bohemian Killing - Story Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Story Award" Pixel Awards 2016
- "Indie Game Contest Finalist" FreeGalaktus 2016
- "The Most Original Game Finalist" Graczpospolita 2016
- "Digital Culture Official Selection - Marcin Makaj" Paszporty Polityki 2016
- "Bohemian Killing takes the popular detective game formula and tweaks it with a clever and unexpected mechanic."
- Bailey James, Just Adventure
- "Bohemian Killing is brilliant and distinctive product that deserves the public and critical attention."
- Lorenzo Fantoni, Multiplayer
- "It’s utterly fantastic, and if you have any interest in digital interactive narrative, then it’s a must-play."
- Olivia White, The Telegraph
- "It's definitely worth playing. For the atmosphere, the history, and to see how much games can offer in the field of virtual storytelling."
- Paweł Olszewski, Polygamia
The Moonwalls allows for the contents of Bohemian Killing to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Bohemian Killing is legally & explicitly allowed by The Moonwalls. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/bohemian-killing/presskit.
About The Moonwalls
A jack of all trades, a one-man game development studio, the author of Bohemian Killing. Marcin Makaj has a master's degree in economics and is in his final year of law studies, with serious plans to embark on a prosecutor's career. His legal interests include broadly understood penal law, criminal investigation, and forensic medicine. Marcin has completed many expert training courses, including among others concerning interrogation methods, criminal profiling, and modus operandi. His personal interests include adventure games, especially such as Phoenix Wright, RPG, particularly those set in the Shadowrun universum, and books by John Grisham and Jürgen Thorwald. One of few people who have watched all episodes of Sedzia Anna Maria Wesolowska, a very popular TV court show in Poland. In addition to law and games, Marcin is very much into travelling and good food.
More information on The Moonwalls, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Bohemian Killing Credits
CEO, Producer, Designer, Programmer, 2D Artist