BHB is a 2.5d action platformer. The player takes the role of BHB, a BioHazard Bot whose job it is to perform tasks deemed too dangerous for humans. One day, an experiment in the facility where BHB was developed goes bad, unleashing a plague of strange creatures. As BHB, your goal isn't to escape to the surface safely, but to go deeper into the facility, clean up the mess and make the facility fit for human use once again. But what kinds of abominations will you encounter along the way?
Hey everyone guess what? Friday June 20th, BHB turned two years old! Yup, BHB has now been in development for over two years! So in honor of that, here are some fun statistics and things that happened in that year:
- Got a license for Unity Pro!
- Established the IndieDB page for BHB, which has since gotten over 24,000 views and 41 watchers! That's an average of 65 views a day :D (you guys are awesome!)
- BHB was at IndieCade where total strangers got to try out the early build! Some of them even liked it ;)
- Implemented the new gravity system just a few days before IndieCade (and got enemies to work with it!)
- Finished a significant majority of the core programming (AI, weapons, gameplay, etc).
- Implemented the new HUD system!
- Implemented in-game sound effects!
- At one point for two days straight, BHB was ranked #2 on IndieDB, second only to Pokemon! (above Minecraft, Amnesia, and Project Zomboid!)
- Released a playable demo with 4 levels! The demo has since been downloaded 113 times.
Survived the 2014 San Marcos wildfires
- The BHB project folder is currently 21.6 gb large (don't worry, the actual game won't be that large!)
- Over 24 (!) unique enemies have been implemented and are fully functional!
- And all of this as a one-man team :D
It was a pretty big year, a lot of exciting stuff and a lot of hard work! I want to thank everyone for all your love and support, it really means a lot to me and makes all the hard work completely worth it! Without it, I probably would have burned out a long time ago, so thank you!!!
Also, check out this new photorealistic render of the blue bot himself. This is the actual low poly game asset inserted into a live-action plate, no special displacement maps or anything (rendered in 3ds Max):
Just a quick little update, plus shiny fire particles and new assets!
This update we take a look at two new types of enemies in development for BHB: the mobile egg sac, and the swarmer.
With the holidays over and the alpha demo out, it's back to work! This week we talk about the redesigned interface and some of the thought process behind...
After a year and a half of development, here's the first public playable alpha demo of BHB!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.