Get started with the free, fast-paced 12-player arena action of Better Off Tread!
- New Taunt function. Press R to blow your tank’s horn.
- New Jump function. Press Space to make your tank jump short distances.
- New Boost purchase option available. Boosts are special one-time bonuses to your tank’s ability and are used up after the match you equip them in.
- New Practice mode option. Play offline free-for-all matches against up to five AI opponents.
- Updated UI elements. Buttons have been replaced and positioning adjusted.
- More colorful graphics through Unity scripting.
- New Camera Sensitivity Slider.
- Added traps to Base Camp Alpha. More environmental hazards are already in the works, so watch your tread!
- Backend Improvements to Level Loading. Some levels have had their load times decreased dramatically. Will speed up our ability to create, test, and add new levels to the game.
- Navigation meshes in all levels have been fixed.
- Fixed Issue where the intro would not take into effect the Player Sound Settings.
- Fixed issue where [X] buttons in windows were overly specific about where you needed to click.
- Fixed level animation issues on radar truck in Base Camp Alpha.
- Fixed issue where controls were not appearing.
- Fixed minor issue where Epaulettes item was not displaying properly for Mr. Dome.
- Minor UI bug fixes.
- New Police cosmetic set.
- Updated Officer cosmetic set to add Combat Medal and Epaulettes.
- Updated UI structure and UI fonts.
- Added fullscreen toggle to garage Settings.
- Fix to upper left and upper right UI elements getting cut off at lower resolutions.
- Reduced error logging during matches with additional checks.
- Users now have greater control over the types of matches available when creating a match in the Lobby. Matches available include 2v2, 2v2v2, 3v3, etc. Free-For-All (FFA) is also now an option for those who do not want team play. Rewards follow the team model, though may be tweaked over time.
- Matches can be made secure by password protection.
- Removed Point Lights on Explosions to improve performance.
- Disabled player shooting during spawn invulnerability and tightened synchronization of invulnerability with visual flashing effect. Player can move while invulnerable, however.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players spawn on top of one another. No point in making it TOO easy.
Initial Release - Version 1.0.1
- Welcome to the world of Better Off Tread! In this nonstop arena combat game, teams of players square off against each other using a collection of unusual – and often comical – armored vehicles.
- Please report any bugs or issues you encounter via the official Better Off Tread Discord channel.