Hello All! My name is Josh (Mopey) and I am a Dev for 3amStudios. We are developing an action platformer game called “Autana” and here I will be posting some details on our progress with the game, changes we’ve made so far, and plans for the future. I’ll also be including a download for our alpha version of the game. To start, just a list of some changes for this week.
- Added a “heavy attack” and “dash attack,” and defined the old attack as a “light attack”
- Added a Brute and Dashing enemy
- Balanced the Upgrades in the shop
- Improved the shop UI
- Changed the in-game Currency for story reasons
- Added audio and visual indicators for low player health
- Changed the levels to be longer and more impactful
- Added a goal at the end of the level in order to win instead of just defeating all the enemies
In general we felt the gameplay was one dimensional and wanted to change that with the addition of new enemies and attacks. We also felt the game world was not immersive enough, and are hoping the shop UI and low health effects help build that immersion a little better. In the future we want to add more challenges to the levels such as traps and work to further improve some of our level design and fix bugs as we find them.
Check out our download if you like: Drive.google.com