Thanks for all the comments in the past two months in regards to the video released in late January.
Feedback is critical in trying to recreate the atmosphere and gameplay required to achieve that feel and look of Sonic's world.
Since then we have been hard at work coding new elements into the game to achieve that feel, and its really starting to pay off now with the addition of new sub systems in the gameplay such as, the damage system, and the ability to grab air bubbles underwater to stop the player from drowning.
But what really starts to show in the gameplay is the interaction that is starting to be made available for use in level designing. Like, using the winch mechanism to get to a higher point in a level without having to bounce on Springs & Pinballs all the time. Tails now following Sonic around like in Sonic 2 & 3. And also having to avoid spikes or I will lose all my precious collected rings that have been scattered around me forcing me to pick them all up again within a certain time limit or else they will disappear. =(
In the coming months, more interaction and gameplay abilities will become available within ADR to further push that Sonic the Hedgehog playable experience onto the screen inside our project.
Without anymore delay here is the current update listing.
New since last update:
* Timer now working on the heads up display.
* Winch mechanism now coded. (Minus the kick).
* Tails now follows Sonic in game.
* Super Sonic Activation & Visual Transformation Effect created & coded.
* Super Sonic animations created.
* Animated/Static spikes have now been coded.
* Trick Ring has been updated to play custom player animation.
* Sonic's jump shield has been scaled to the correct size.
* Drowning system is now completed (without music for now).
* Added Air Bubble visual indicator for oxygen underwater.
* Improved 2.5D game play for optional parallel paths.
* Dropped rings now interact with water. (Splashes)
* Dropped rings now correctly work with straight 2.5D game play.
* Run animation timing tweaked (On going).
* More Physics tweaks.