It's been a long time since the last article was published but fortunately there is finally some new stuff to talk about. I did not have a lot of time for programming as I was pretty busy because of graduation tests and other school related issues. Good thing is that now I have 3 month holiday before I will have to travel to Czech Republic to attend University so hopefully the new articles, videos and screenshots are going to be added more frequently.
It's the result of basic Unity shaders and post processing image effects like:
Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
- It darkens all the areas that are close to each other. Check out the difference:
- It is used to create optical effect where light from a bright source appears to leak into
surrounding objects and that causes the objects with "bright" materials to glow.
I have added over 20 new animations. You can check them out in the video at the end of this article so make sure to watch it !
Improvements and changes in the modes
- Now you can freeze rotation of the object, rotate it in the air, bring it towards you or push it away
from you and you can also grab more objects at once and throw them together like shown on the screenshots below.
- I have simplified the selection of the control key for programmable objects. Now you can just press a key on a keyboard and it will be automatically assigned to your thruster, wheel or any other "intelligent" object.
Electric mode (replacement for Magnetic mode)
- I've decided to remove the magnetic mode and add magnets as a programmable object instead. Electric mode is the replacement for it. It allows you to add electric charge to iron objects and weld them together. It can be used in many creative ways. You can for example shoot electrically charged objects towards an iron wall and use it as a ladder or you can connect iron objects together and create some bigger, heavier object. Check out the video for better idea.
If you like our work, make sure to spread the word and follow us on our:
(or my personal Twitter)