Team², a collective of driven university students forging a name for themselves on the Australian development front, have published their maiden release, Art of Defence. Marrying the tactical decision-making of RTS with the immersion and fast pace of FPS, Art of Defence is a new-age science-fiction Tower Defence for the PC where smart composition of turrets and economy management is more important than walls.
Art of Defence is a First Person Tower Defence, with a focus on tower placement and economy management. It forgoes the traditional focus on building mazes in favour of tactical, ‘on-the-fly' defence placement, upgrading, and taking part in the fight personally. Protect the Invader Cores while using their own energy to defend them from their previous masters!
- Fast, Action-based Tower Defence, requiring strategy and quick-thinking in equal measure.
- The power of threes:
- ---- Three Unique Turrets, with
- ---- Three Unique Upgrades to each, as well as
- ---- Three Global Effects applicable to any turret.
- There are also Mines. Generators as well.
- Seven threatening Invader enemies out to destroy the hope of humanity.
- A snowbound, damaged near-future city, through which your desperate defence takes place.
- Totally free.
Team² is a collective of seven amateur developers attending the Queensland University of Technology. Art of Defence is their maiden project, and the culmination of about eight months of design, prototyping, and testing.