Based in United States
Anathema is a love-letter to classic action-platformer series' such as Castlevania, Mega Man X, Ninja Gaiden and Ghosts 'n Goblins. Presented in HD using modern technology to pre-render sprites as seen in the mid-90's with games such as Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country. Players will fight through 12 stages of a highly detailed world that is out to destroy them. Enemies will be varied, powerups will be plentiful, bosses will be challenging and the controls will be tight.
Development officially began in October 2014 as a personal project to fill the void of classic Castlevania titles. As development progressed and interest grew in the title, it was decided to place Anathema on Steam Greenlight for voting. After successfully becoming greenlit, it was decided that Anathema has the potential to stand on its own legs with more to offer than a standard Castlevania clone. The revamp began in May of 2015 with much more thorough planning and optimization in mind. Esperware Interactive released the free demo on July 15th, 2017.
- Run, double-jump, slide, climb walls and swing across chasms. Players have an extremely agile list of abilities to maneuver and explore environments.
- Explore a variety of levels ranging from haunted graveyards, living swamps, creaking shipwrecks, inner beasts and more. Each area brings new themes, challenges, enemies and threats.
- Motion comic styled cutscenes after each level to tell the story of Aurora and her quest with full voice acting.
- Permanently increase your maximum stats and abilities by exploring stages for powerups, relics, tomes and other secrets.
- Unleash an arsenal of abilities. Players can incinerate, mince, slash, blast and crush enemies in a variety of manners using various subweapons and special abilities. Players can also temporarily inc
- A high quality original score will sweep you through the world, story and characters.
Anathema - Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Esperware Interactive allows for the contents of Anathema to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Anathema is legally & explicitly allowed by Esperware Interactive. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/anathema/presskit.
About Esperware Interactive
Esperware Interactive is committed to maintaining the reputation that the video game industry once had for a fun, mesmerizing games that enrapture the mind. We focus on a variety of platforms such as Windows PC's, Android smartphones and tablets, iOS devices, HTML5, Flash, Xbox 360 & OUYA consoles.
More information on Esperware Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.