A Date in the Park is a short and strange point and click adventure game, inspired by things like David Lynch and the feeling of oddness in an everyday situation.
You are Lou. You've recently moved to Lisbon, in Portugal, to take up a new job and start a new life. Within days of arriving, you meet an enchanting woman, Catarina, at a bar on a night out. After a few hours of getting along swimmingly, you agree to meet her the next day in her favourite park.
You arrive at the stunning park on a beautiful sunny day, with high hopes. Lou soon realises the atmosphere is a little off... it's not going to be an average date.
- A cast of several characters
- Language confusion - Lou does not speak Portuguese.
- 20+ screens to explore
- A short, narrative experience, with puzzles as well. I think it will take between 30 minutes and an hour to complete. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, depending on the player
- Twists and turns - shocking moments! (there's a horror element to the game)
- 90s style digitised graphics and animated sprites (sprites are animated more traditionally than in Mudlarks)
- 640 x 400 resolution
- Real world location to explore- Tapada das Necessidades in Lisbon, Portugal
- 2 click interface, with inventory etc
Thanks for looking!
CLOAK AND DAGGER GAMES
We released A Date in the Park around 18 months ago, and it's had good success, featuring on websites such as Rock Paper Shotgun - it's been downloaded over 10,000 times! With the aim of getting it a bit more exposure, we've started a Steam Greenlight campaign - if you enjoyed the game please consider giving us a vote, if you haven't played it, do try it, it's free :) If you enjoy mystery, horror and the point and click games of the 1990s you'll hopefully enjoy it!
I've also just updated the download file on IndieDB, so you can get the latest version below! I've also posted a teaser trailer :)
Shaun, Cloak and Dagger Games
The new short point and click adventure game from the makers of Mudlarks is available now!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.