• Register
Forum Thread
Seeking partner for 2 man dream team (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Seeking partner for 2 man dream team) Locked
Thread Options
lancer611
lancer611 Professional Software Developer
Sep 7 2012 Anchor

I am a programmer, and I can code up *anything*. If I haven't done it yet, I can learn to do it quickly. I do desktop programming, embedded programming, mobile programming, and server-side programming. I am gifted in the areas of logic, problem-solving, complex math, and physics. My employer pays me a premium salary (for my age) for the work I do.

All that being said, while my job is very satisfying, it is not often *fun*. I have picked up a hobby of game programming to fill that need. My main problem now is that I am extremely lacking in artistic ability. Sure, I can code up anything, but w/o good art it will look like crap - and therefore not be any fun to make or play.

Now I come to the purpose of my post: I need a partner to fill everything that I cannot do. Ideally I would like to find a person that can do everything in both the 2D and 3D pipelines, but at this point I would be satisfied with just 2D. This includes: concept art, character art, environmental art, user interface and HUD art, and basic animation (sprite sheets or w/e). You do not have to be amazing at all of these things, just decent. I would consider you even if you lack one or 2 of these, but are wanting to learn them.

I want just a single partner because I am tired of trying to find so many people, and then have to depend on all of them sticking with it. I want a single person that I can depend on - that way everything stays simple.

I should mention that this is only a part-time thing for me. I have a full-time job, a family, and a house. I probably average about 5-8 hours a week on this hobby. Consequently, I need someone that can average about the same amount of time or more, working on w/e we decide to work on.

I know that this is asking a lot, and I likely won't find what I'm looking for in a single person, but I figured it was worth a shot.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Sep 7 2012 Anchor

added you

lancer611
Sep 7 2012 Anchor

Ok... I should have mentioned that you should say if you are interested in my proposal, and if so, summarize what you can do, while providing a portfolio to back it up. =P

TKAzA wrote: added you

added u back

Edited by: lancer611

--

Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming. --Brian Kernigan

Sep 7 2012 Anchor

Hello I'm interested in partnering up! I studied Audiovisual Communication and Multimedia, while my strength is in video directing and UI design I can also do 2d Art and really simple 3D. I'm currently working in another project as writer, game designer and puzzle designer but I would like to fill some free time I have by creating another project. You can find some of my work in this link.

Hope you like it.

lancer611
Sep 9 2012 Anchor

Kikitoso wrote: Hello I'm interested in partnering up! I studied Audiovisual Communication and Multimedia, while my strength is in video directing and UI design I can also do 2d Art and really simple 3D. I'm currently working in another project as writer, game designer and puzzle designer but I would like to fill some free time I have by creating another project. You can find some of my work in this link.

Hope you like it.

Its kind of hard to tell by the link you gave, but I'm not sure if you're a fit for what I'd like. I need an artist capable of doing all the art required for a small game (at least 2d, 3d would be ideal, but unlikely I realize). However, feel free to do some art to prove me wrong. Some kind of medieval character, using 64x64 or 128x128 pixels.

--

Sep 10 2012 Anchor

I am looking for someone just like you, but with programming skills.

You can see everything I do on my profile, images and videos.

Chez!

Sep 10 2012 Anchor

So before I go off to do something and not get a chance (because I'm not a master in illustration) I'll show you link by link what I have on the net.
This is simple 3D work:
1 A mall promo
2 A Diorama

This is Illustration + some animation
1 Education about Cancer (animation)
2 Toon me and my dog
3 Characters for a sidescrolling game
4. World and character design for an adventure game
5. Screenshots of a educational game about the seasons
6 Small animation of a character

According to your first post you are not looking for someone amazing, just decent. If you are not convinced... well, I tried : )

lancer611
Sep 10 2012 Anchor

Kikitoso wrote: So before I go off to do something and not get a chance (because I'm not a master in illustration) I'll show you link by link what I have on the net......

I think you have a valuable skill set, but I didnt see anything reflecting the style(s) of games I would prefer to make.

2d-wise, the cartoony stuff certainly has its place, but its just not for me. 3d-wise, did you make and animate those lego models? If not, I'd like to see some good 3d models before saying much more.

--

Sep 14 2012 Anchor

kikitoso, love your kids style!
will contact you for sure for sure!

lancer611
Jan 18 2013 Anchor

Alright, I have released my first game and I am back to this. Now that I have some experience and knowledge of the process to create a small game, I want to take a step forward. I want to create a simple 3d game for mobile platforms. I am looking for a partner that can do everything in the 3d pipeline.

As for the game, I have some ideas, but I would prefer to start from scratch with such a partner so that the game is as much yours as mine, so to speak.

Edited by: lancer611

--

Jan 21 2013 Anchor

I'm not a 3d guy, but I'm also part-time and I do 2d art. However, I have conditions. If you're looking for money, here's my post: Indiedb.com

Edited by: kufiapps

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.