• Register
Forum Thread
Portal Trilogy As 1 Campaign (Forums : Suggestions : Portal Trilogy As 1 Campaign) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 28 2022 Anchor

I was wondering if it was possible to put Portal Prelude, Portal, & Portal 2 in the same game as 3 campaigns, but have them all updated to use the Portal 2 engine, graphics and mechanics.

Portal & Portal 2 would play out the same as expected... But as a casual player who's more invested in the story than solving difficult tests, I was hoping Portal Prelude's Test Chambers could be replaced by some simpler test chambers that aren't so difficult.

Then there's the overwhelming swarm of Explosive Spheres and Razor-Sharp Drones during GLaDOS's activation chapter. The wall mounted Rocket Turrets aren't so bad, but the Drones and Spheres are too much, so I'd prefer they be removed for my playthrough.

Between the difficult tests and swarming enemies, I spend most of the game just "noclip"ing to each checkpoint. Which really takes the immersion out of the game.

So yeah, I was basically just wondering if any of this was possible, because I really like the Portal series and would love to see Portal Prelude & Portal be remastered to the same style as Portal 2.

If they could all be turned into 1 long campaign though, that would be impressive. Especially if they included transition sequences to fill in the gaps between each campaign's endings.

Edited by: LazyLexy

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.