• Register
Forum Thread
Need Cube 2 Sauerbraten multiplayer maps. (Forums : Level Design : Need Cube 2 Sauerbraten multiplayer maps.) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 29 2016 Anchor

Hey there level designers, I am working on making a new game with the Cube 2 Sauerbraten engine.

I need various multiplayer levels. I am not sure about what type of game I will make but it will likely be some type of FPS-derived game.

I am unsure about payment as I haven't decided if I want to release my game commercially or for free and I don't have the funds to pay at the moment, so I will probably do a Kickstarter if I decide to release the game commercially.

PM me if you have any more questions or you are interested.

Edited by: poopman2845656345464

Dec 12 2016 Anchor

I used to build custom maps all the time for Cube Sauerbraten engine. its a very nice piece of engineering hands down the most fun with an engine I've ever had. Your just wanting to make maps with it or a full blown compiled game because I wasn't ware it could do that.

Jan 31 2017 Anchor

I used to build custom maps all the time for Cube Sauerbraten engine. its a very nice piece of engineering hands down the most fun with an engine I've ever had. Your just wanting to make maps with it or a full blown compiled game because I wasn't ware it could do that.

Hi! First of all, I'm sorry I took so long to reply to your post.

I was planning on making my own Cube engine game as it is open-source and you are free to use the game's code as long as you follow the engine's license.

To be honest, the project is on hold. (I never really put too much thought into it.) But if you would like to make your own maps, you are welcome! I'd like some deathmatch maps, regen maps, CTF, capture and what not.

The game (if I get modelers and other helpers who are willing to do free work) will be in a cartoon-y art-style similar to old Mickey Mouse and Animaniacs cartoons (I thought it was pretty original) and it won't be one of those "put brown and skulls and demons, it's cool" kind of games. It will be bright and colorful (except the OST...).

PM me if you are interested and/or want some more details.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.