• Register
Forum Thread
Is Moddb still accepting KOTOR 1&2 Mod Files From FileFront? (Forums : Support : Is Moddb still accepting KOTOR 1&2 Mod Files From FileFront?) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 19 2018 Anchor

I remember a while ago Moddb was accepting FileFront files from people so they wouldn't be lost forever.

I have a bunch of mods for the games KOTOR 1 & 2 and I was wondering can I still upload these to Moddb so they can be saved and shared with others?

Thanks.

Jun 19 2018 Anchor

Yes, as long as you credit or contact and credit the original authors of those mods. The files themselves can be still taken down if the said authors contact us to take them down or there are other problems with those releases.

Jun 19 2018 Anchor

What about the mods that don't have a text file which contains the name of the author?

The mods I have mostly have text files with the authors names and emails so I can credit them.

How would I go about uploading the mods? Just click on the "Add Mod" link and carry on from there?

And if I upload them but an author wants it taking down, would I be in trouble with the admins?

Thanks.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Jun 19 2018 Anchor

We encourage you to upload this content, we don't want anything lost so it's important to submit it and if you know who to credit to do so.

You would not get in trouble if the original creator contacts us regarding the content, we would either transfer it to their account or remove it from the site depending on what they would prefer. Hope that helps and thanks for your support!

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Jun 21 2018 Anchor

Thanks for the reply.

Do I have to upload each mod separately or can I just put them all in one folder and allow people to just download that?

Thanks.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Jun 21 2018 Anchor

Do you have metadata with each mod, like screenshots and details? If so separately is best.

--

Scott Reismanis

Jun 22 2018 Anchor

I don't have any screenshots to accompany them, only readme files, but I don't mind doing them separately. I'll just get some appropriate screenshots from google I guess.

I've already uploaded some of the mods, could you do me a favour and just check them out quickly to see if they look alright and in order to you? I have alot of mods to upload. Just click my name and have a look at the mods tab.

Thanks.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Jun 23 2018 Anchor

Very detailed profiles great work. If these mods don't need a profile with screenshots you could potentially just add them as addons to the game? Indiedb.com

Keep up the fine work!

--

Scott Reismanis

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.