• Register
Forum Thread
How to mod HUDs in Unreal 4 games (Bright Memory)? (Forums : Coding & Scripting : How to mod HUDs in Unreal 4 games (Bright Memory)?) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 23 2022 Anchor

Just got interested in learning modding, so I'm a total newbie, often not even sure what is technically possible to mod in games. Anyway, how much do I have to learn about modding, computer programming (and hacking?) to be able to change the HUDs of games based on UE4? How many years will it take to learn it all if I spend 8 hours a day on self-studies, learning C++, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc?

Tired of bad HUDs that can't be customized. Today I played Bright Memory, the first original game, and saw that it for some reason has icons for each skills listed as part of the HUD, in a FPS game, which is totally unnecessary, and this icon clutter pops up after I start shooting even when the rest of the HUD is disabled (for screenshots). Is it technically possible to remove just these icons while keeping other HUD elements? I'm not even sure if the devs have released a mod tool kit.

I want to have modding as a hobby, so I'm not interested in just HUDs. Want to learn as much about modding as possible, since it's a useful skill for a gamer.

Mar 1 2022 Anchor

Man it is hard to tell so easily, you probable know more than I. What`s for sure is that you need to work 25 hours a day to break mind barrier. This has also risk of damage health, so you need to train fitness in parallel. Start with something small is always best way for example Robo Recall Modding tutorial book in pdf, if link is still there.
Cdn2.unrealengine.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.