• Register
Forum Thread
Behind the Horizon - V1.05 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Behind the Horizon - V1.05 ) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 5 2020 Anchor

Hello Community,
After some consideration I decided to give up the round world map and extend the player's view to the whole screen. Many testers said that the unused screen area disturbed them and I now agree with that.

To make this change possible had to adjust some spells and potions in their function. For this purpose I have built a fatigue system into the game. After 16h without sleep the player gets a message that it is time to sleep. After 18h his visibility starts to decrease until he only perceives his immediate surroundings. If this is ignored, the loss of energy puts an end to the endless hustle and bustle ;-) !
Sleeping reduces the tiredness naturally. Roughly speaking you have to sleep 1h to get rid of 2h tiredness. With a 16h awake and 6h sleep rhythm this works well. By means of a spell or with potions you can also extend the time of being awake without causing negative effects.
All changes in V1.05 you can see in the Changelog.

The new version you can download on my itch io page:
Jadawin1.itch.io

Here some new screenshots:

Change Log V 1.05
old games can still be used (just copy them into the save folder)

GUI
One font replaced + character size of books and quests adjusted
All Recipes show now the ingredients they need.
Tooltip Window enlarged

Events
The skull event now clears the skull away afterwards!

Display:
The sight of the player has been increased by default so that the whole screen is used to display the world !
Trees are now correctly displayed on the minimap in winter.

System
Introduction of fatigue. After 16h without sleep the hero gets tired, after 18h the visibility starts to diminish and after 24h the creative power decreases. Enough sleep, a Potion or a spell will remove the fatique.
If pause was pressed now the time of buffs doesn't pass and the player doesn't starve anymore.

Spell Eagle Vision
becomes "Keep up" and reduces fatigue by several hours

Potions:
some potions now also reduce fatigue instead of increasing visibility!

World
active volcanoes have been added that can be destroyed. This creates lava lakes that slowly cool down.

Localization english
Some emotetexts localized
NPC greeting localized

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.