(if you don't want to read, you can directly go to the bottom of this article to see video explanation)
I silently adding new features to the game. It does not look like a game for now but it will be. I roughly planned the basic mechanics and story. You can take a look at the bottom of this article.
- I made some basic survival stats. In order to quench your thirst you can drink a cup of water from water dispenser. But there is limited water in tank. Thanks to science, you can refill your tank with opening your thrust. You can dehydrate in 40 minutes of the game. You also lose water by sweating. Sweating can be triggered by running (For now). I made a hunger system but its not completely finished
- Now you can grap and throw some objects. It will be very important mechanic in the future. You can hold 2 items with your two hands. I'm planning make a backpack. You'll take items or remove from backpack into your hands
Now we can get to some small but effective features.
- Hands movement while running
- New head bob movements
- Monitors that shows some information
- Bloom effect
- Hand icon
- Papers about "Quantum Entanglement" ( You can't read it tho :D )
- Motion blur effect
- Plastic cloth
- Chair model
- FOV increase while running
- Fixed some walls
Lets move to the plans for future:
Time is unknown.In game you are an astronaut in a mission to find a habitable planet. You're controlling one of the thousands ship. Earth is polluted because of the humanity. You're carrying lots of fertilized zygotes on freezed state. Once you find a habitable planet, you'll save the humanity from extinction. You're alone with your helper ai in huge emptiness.
About Core Play
Our slow thrusters is so slow considering the scale of the galaxy. But with enough time you can reach your target destination. A human lifetime is not enough to reach that target. Because of that you're putting your self to cryosleep everytime you begin a journey. But the journey is not that easy. You'll encounter failures with parts of the ship, Asteroid belts, ship wrecks and a lot more. Computer will wake you up when a event happens. In most of the missions you need to do spacewalk. While you're in cryosleep earth will age and story of humanity will continue. You'll also be affected with humanity's story ;) In short, you'll wander arround the aging galaxy in cryosleep. In the way of becoming a living history
- There will be more stats in future. Health system will be extraordinary. For example when you get a bad impact on your head. You can get a internal bleeding. It'll effect your vision, movements etc. You can also get permanent injury. It will be detailed but it will be realistic and fun
- Ship will have a fuel system. Acording to science you don't have to use your thrusters all the time. Once you get to a speed, your speed will stay constant if you don't touch with anything. You just need fuel for accelerating or slowing down.Thats what I'm aiming for. You'll start with some real fuel but it won't last long. But don't worry! You can burn anything into fuel with special oven. But I can't guarantee it will be better fuel than original.
- In some missions you can't enter the cryosleep to pass time. For alternatives that there will be a game boy with cool minigames.It will be fun I think :)
- Time will pass on earth so humanity keeps growing. I don't want to spoil anything but there is a chance to humans find alien species or get slaughtered by evil AI. Humanity's story will be randomized every time. You'll get news about humanity at your personal computer. And yes there is a chance that you might get a dangerous virus or spacefight with aliens.
- You can't make a spaceship game without computers right? You'll be able to control every detail of your spaceship but interface will not be complicated.
- Every room will have a temperature and pressure system.If a room's pressure will too low or too high a part of the room could explode violently. I even made shreded wall textures. Room temperature will effect your health system. For example while passing through a star, room tempeture will rise and you'll start sweating.
- There is a lot that i think about but it's not planned for now.
Thats it for today's update guys. And i'm so sorry about my bad english. See you soon