[page=Contest! Woo! Woo!]
You've heard its name. You've seen its screen shots. Maybe you even read the remarkably well done review for it. But now the time has come for you to own it.
Made by a small group of dedicated individuals at Introversion Software, Darwinia is one of the best independant games to hit the market, combining the best elements of old-sk00l arcade games and modern day 3D strategy titles into a seemless blend of retro cool that every gamer owes to themselves to try.
And now you can, free of charge!
Thanks to the generosity of the Introversion Software team, Mod Database is here to bring you the Darwinia Photo Contest, allowing you to spray your creative juices all over the internet and get a free CD and game for your troubles. Cool, huh?
Darwinia is burning...
Feel like answering the call?
[page=Instructions, as easy as 1, 2, 3!]
This is a Darwinian.
These are dozens of Darwinians.
When you play through the game, it is your job to save these little guys from absolute destruction.
But here, things are different. To win this contest, your job is to edit these cute little sprites into any image you want. Any. Take it yourself, steal it from a website, it doesn't matter. Just be creative, boys and girls.
However, victory is only yours if your image is the best (which will be judged by both the Mod Database staff and the Introversion Software team members) in one of the following categories:
Most Humorous, Most Promotional for the Game, Most Creative, Most Romantic, and Best Use of a Darwinian in a Movie Scene.
So, think fast, get to posting, and may the best man \ woman \ child \ boy \ girl \ autonomous robot overlord win!
And now, for the gritty rules.
1. Contestants can enter as many times as they want in as many categories as they wish.
2. All entries must be made in this forum. Entries posted anywhere else will not count.
3. Images must remain hosted until the contest comes to a close at an unspecified date near the end of the month \ beginning of December. Entries that are not still visible on the thread when the contest closes will not be counted.
4. Entries must state the category the entry pertains to. A single entry can only be used in one category, not all at once. A single entry cannot be re-submitted multiple times in each category, either.
5. All contestants must be registered on Mod Database to enter.
6 The image you use must not infringe on any copyright.
7. Winners will be contacted via Private Message to their Mod Database account prior to the announcements, or to their email address if one is provided on their profile. Winning contestants who do not respond after a certain set time will be disqualified and a runner-up will be selected.
8. Finally, winners will be mailed a copy of Darwinia and its soundtrack free of charge, a combined value of $37.95 plus shipping costs. All winners must consent to providing the Mod Database staff, upon contact of their victory, with their home mailing address. Failure to do so would make giving you your prize very frickin' hard!
9. Stay away from pronographic images. This site tries to be at least vaguely family friendly, for Pete's sake.