This is a small preview of two fundamental systems in The Saints of Redemption. We plan to dedicate a full article to each system, so stay tuned!
Skills system: Major Runes
“It is known that the Major Runes were created by the elves in wartime, while desperately seeking to acquire a new power source. It is said but not for sure, that the power of these runes emerge from souls condemned to be in captivity in these small stone prison indefinitely… Where their energies are channeled through runic inscriptions.”
In The Saints of Redemption the skills are collectibles, and are distributed worldwide (chests, dungeons, secret bosses, and different types of people such as traders, among others).
- Each character can carry a maximum of five runes, with some exceptions.
- The power of the runes can be shared between the party members.
- Runes can have certain requirements to be channeled, as having a specific weapon equipped.
- Rune types are divided into five: Green (support), Blue (defense), Red (attack), Yellow (magic) and Iridescent (special).
- CTB battle system based on Action Points
- Deep, with variety of strategies
- Easy to understand
- Fast and agile against mediocre enemies
These are the bases of the battle system, and while it is already implemented (you can test it in the downloadable prototype) there’s still much to refine and improve: a clearer and more intuitive interface, a functional bar for turn order, more dynamism... So we'll be working hard on this!
Thanks for your time!