You can watch a summery of the latest features in the video below:
This update improves the use of the engine as a regular java library. Main features are the improved API and the map editor. In general it is much easier to use the engine without the need to modify the engine's source code.
A full change list can be found below.
From now on I will focus on developing a commercial game with it. It has yet to be seen if I can further update the engine or if my improvements on the engine will stay in most parts closed source. However everyone is free to tweak it. For the game I am looking for a part time developer.
Join development now!
- added basic level editor
- added map saving
- added loading screen
- added custom block factories support
- added basic menu
- added global game config class/file
- added GUI for file loading
- added support for engine use as library (configuration file, APIs)
- added ray casting method
- added console commands
- added debugging rendering
- enhanced FPS diagram (more precision, RAM usage, delta time)
- enhanced: screen to game can return normal
- enhanced: loading sprite offset automatically from file
- enhanced chat / console
- enhanced file loading by using libGDX asset manager
- enhanced graphics a little bit
- enhanced performance
- enhanced stability
- many little fixes and improvements
- probably some new bugs