We introduce Wave Engine Converter Tool that will allow us to generate the code for the different platforms Wave Engine support.
Today we are launching a new version of Wave Engine, and as you can see in the roadmap, we can convert our Wave projects to Windows Store apps. This means we can create games with Wave Engine that we can upload to the Windows Store Marketplace.
Open an existing project
Now go to Wave Engine installation folder, navigate to “Tools/ProjectGenerator” directory and run ProjectGenerator.exe:
Now click on “Open…”, navigate to the folder we unzipped the dinosaur sample, select the Dinosaur.sln file and select the “Windows Store (Windows 8)” check box:
One more last step
When we press “Convert” button, the conversion process starts
If we navigate to the project folder we will see a new .sln file and a new directory:
- DinosaourWindowsStore.sln: the solution prepared to generate a Windows Store App.
- LauncherWindowsStore: contains the Windows Store App project files.
So, we open DinosaourWindowsStore.sln just to solve some simple issues:
- Double click on Package.appxmanifest (Launcher project)
- Under Packaging tab, click on Choose Certificate...
- Within Configure Certificate..., select Create test certificate..., fill in the gaps and done
If we build and run, we will see the Dinosaur sample installed in the Windows Start Menu:
And we can play with it:
You can get the code here.