- Sound FX Generator for creating custom 8-bit sounds for your game. This feature can be accessed from the main toolbar. Saved sound effects will appear under the “Sounds” folder in the Game Explorer.
- Sound effects can now be imported from WAV files into your game project using the “Import Resources” toolbar button.
- Added a new “Play Sound” scripting function to trigger a sound effect.
- Idle animations for characters are now supported - simply define an animation with the name “idle” (all lowercase) for the character in the Voxel Editor.
- Movement speed can now be adjusted for characters. This value can be set from the Properties panel after opening the character in the Voxel Editor and is measured in “voxels per second”.
- Movement areas can now be assigned to NPCs to restrict their movement to a specific group of tiles.
- Fixed an issue where the tab name would not update to reflect the new name after using the “Save As” functionality in the Voxel Editor.
- Fixed an error that could occur in Place mode if a resource was deleted while currently selected in the resource selection panel.
- In first-person mode, the player can now properly interact with objects that are on the player's current tile.
- Changes to certain properties (such as character name, animations, etc.) will now be automatically reflected in the game without the need to re-save maps containing that resource before exporting
- Fixed an issue where the appropriate dialog would not appear when attempting to delete certain file types/extensions from the Game Explorer.
- When editing a model in the Voxel Editor, the view will now automatically switch between Front, Left, Back, and Right views if you continue to drag to the left or right with the right mouse button down. This should make building models a bit more efficient, as previously you would have to use the “View” dropdown to switch between these views.
- When importing from a PNG file into the Voxel Editor, the image will now be oriented based on the current view instead of always facing towards the front side.
- Animations in the Properties panel are now collapsed by default when opening a resource in the Voxel Editor.
- Added clarification on unit (frames per second) to the Animation Speed property tooltip in the Properties panel.