• Register

RPG in a Box is a tool for easily creating 3D grid-based, voxel-style RPGs and adventure games—everything you will need for building and sharing your own game, all packaged together in a box, so to speak! This "box" will contain an assortment of editors (centered around a map editor and a voxel editor) that will allow you to make your game the way you want. I will be striving to make the software user-friendly so that no knowledge of programming, computer graphics, or modelling will be required, all while still maintaining as many customizable aspects as possible so that your game can be unique.

Forum Thread
LoadMap in 0.2.2 Alpha (Engines : RPG in a Box : Forum : Bug Reports : LoadMap in 0.2.2 Alpha) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 10 2016 Anchor

Hi!

I've used the new v 0.2.2 alpha with my old project but now the loadmap transition seem broken.

Sometimes the character jump on a wrong position (an empty tile in a dungeon) and, after a while, the program crash.

But, if I jump 2 times in "legal" maps the I jump in the dungeon the position is right.

Furthermore there is in the dungeon an object that crash the program if I click on it, but the same object 
(a skull with some bones and some rust equip) clicked on a "legal" map it works fine.

I hope I'm explained myself, I become mad... O_O

Bye.
Apr 10 2016 Anchor

I've used the new v 0.2.2 alpha with my old project but now the loadmap transition seem broken.

I am going to upload a "debug" executable that you can use and hopefully it will help us resolve the issues. Are you running on Windows or Linux?

UPDATE: I uploaded "debug" executables here if you are running on Windows.

Indiedb.com

UPDATE 2: These issues should be fixed in the v0.2.2.1-alpha patch. :)

Edited by: Ol_Smaug

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.